Part 36

Scarlett's POV

Did I sleep last night? Nope. Am I scared shitless about today? Yep. Today's the day. I know I already told the world about Sawyer, but saying she exists and introducing her to the world as an actor are entirely different. Not to mention the heart attack she put me through yesterday. 

One minute, she was studying French at the table; the next, she was gone. I can't believe I hadn't noticed she had been gone for hours. What if she had been in genuine trouble? Thank God she had asked someone to take her to Comic-Con rather than just go by herself, though and hearing her talk about it last night, I'm just sad I couldn't see her there in person.

 She sounded so happy as she chatted away about the whole day and how much fun she had with Chris. It was adorable, and then Chris sent me the photos of them; damn, she's cute. How did she even think of making those costumes so last minute? They were adorable.

Anyway, I don't trust her not to wake up and try and sneak back to Comic Con, so I have just been watching her sleep for the last hour. I know I should wake her and start preparing her for today, but I just want her to get a little rest before the madness starts today. Plus, I am hardly ever up before her, so moments like this are precious. 

No matter how good she is at acting, I can always see the way her body seems tense, yet when she's like this, sleeping peacefully for a change, she looks so calm. If I had it my way, we would just lay like this all day, but no, of course, something had to interrupt it and that something was someone knocking at the door. Which ultimately woke Sawyer up with a start. Poor baby. 

"Morning baby," I coo as she cuddles into my chest, whining at the disruption to her sleep, making me chuckle. Deciding that I wanted my morning cuddles as long as possible, I scooped her up, keeping her close to my chest as I moved to answer the door. Lizzie stood there smiling.

"Morning SJ, morning Scar," she greeted cheerily, making Sawyer whine and cling to me tighter. "Nighty night," she mumbled into me, burying her face into my neck, making me and Lizzie laugh. "Miss Sawyer decided to scare me half to death and go explore Comic Con with Chris yesterday, and she seems to be still sleeping off all the sugar Chris pumped her with," I explained before ushering Lizzie into our room.

It turns out the others decided we should all grab breakfast before the panel, and since I wasn't answering my phone due to Sawyer's cuddle time, she had offered to come and fetch us. 

So here we are, sitting in one of the hotel back rooms eating breakfast; the only problem is that Sawyer has woken up in her. I don't want to leave my side states. 

Usually, I love these days because all she wants to do is cuddle, and she gives the best cuddles ever. But I need her to be okay today. I know how much she loves acting, and I want her to succeed at it, and that, unfortunately, means she's going to have to get used to days like today. 

We are all discussing what sort of questions we think we are going to get when Sawyer speaks up. "Mama, can we go find Mr. Kevin? I need to speak to him before the panel starts," she asked, looking up at me with nervous eyes. I checked my watch and saw we still had an hour before we needed to be in hair and makeup, so I nodded. "Sure baby, are you done with your breakfast?" I asked, looking at her plate, which seemed to be nearly empty. She just nodded with a smile before hopping off my lap and holding out her hand for me to take.

Once we found Kevin, Sawyer seemed to become nervous, which I didn't understand. "Hey Kevin, you got a minute? Sawyer wanted to talk to you real quick," I explain, smiling as he waves us into his room. "What's up, superstar?" He asks, bending down to her height with a smile. "Well, um, I was thinking, I um. I don't want people to think that I am only in the movie cause of Mama, even though that is kinda the truth," she got out nervously.