Chapter 12: Jeannette Margarita

Chapter 12

THIRD PERSON'S POV

In the Alpheus Mansion, the Duke came home with a lot on his minds. The princess is truly the Emperor's daughter, not with her jewelled eyes but her cold glare when she talk to him.

"Uncle!" Jeannette happily runs to him. He tried to smile and patted her head.

This girl is still playing with her dolls while Princeas Athanasia is studying and enjoys reading the most. He felt lost whenever he heard rumors about the Princess. That she is a genius and a perfect princess...perfect for the crown. That they see the bright future of Obelia when she became the Empress.

He massage his temple. It can't be, Jeanntte should be the Empress. He worked so hard for it to happen.

"Did you study or did you play again," he asked the girl.

"But uncle. I can't understand anything," Jeannette pouted as she hugged her doll.

"Don't be ridiculous! The Princess already knew that, do you want to be the crown princess? Then you have to study," Duke Alpheus said trying to control his temper.

"It doesn't matter. I will be the crown princess because I am the older one! The people will love me too because I am much better than my sister!" Jeannette said.

The Duke didn't want to argue, he had enough with everything that's happening he knew that the emperor would never accepts the girl.

Meanwhile. Jeannette was in her room. Her books are scattered, papers are everywhere. She's tired and she didn't want to study. What's the point of studying if she's going to be a princess anyway.

She is the real princess and not that girl, she will take what's rightfully hers. Her father will love her more than anything and she will have anything she wants.

She will reside at the Palace with all the expensive dresses one could fine. And everyone will love her.

Everything is hers and not that girl. She is the oldest. She can't wait for that day to come.

"I hate her," she whispered. Why wouldn't she? Athanasia is the daughter of a commoner, while she is the daughter of a noble.

Her aunt, Countess Rosalia said that her mother is her father's one true love. Of course, she is the fruit of their love. That's why she knew that her fathet will love her more. No. All the love will be for her.

She's tired at living in this place, she wanted to live in the palace already but she didn't have a choice but to follow her uncle. Maybe it's for a greater good.

°☆°

The next day comes, and Jeannette is still not in the mood to study. The Duke decided to call Countess Rosalia for an advice.

"Let her be." That was the Countess said that made him furious. Why would he let the girl be?! If she ended up messing up in the palace, the Alpheus will get drag.

But he didn't have a choice. He's too tired to think, maybe she will study hard once she realizes how smart the other Princess is. Maybe she will get envious.

So, he told her about how the Emperor gave the Princess lota of dresses when she perfected her exams. But Jeannette didn't care, she's not envious of that. She believes that her father will love her without trying, that she is already the crown princess, he will gave her everything.

He knew that it was the Countess who told her that and he knew that everything is a lie.

For Jeannette she is Jeannette de Alger Obelia. She's the crown princess and everyone will love her, especially her father.

With that, the Duke already knows that he can't change the girl's mind. So, he just go on the flow. Maybe it would happen, who knows.

All he needs to do is to get ready for the debutante where he is going to introduced the girl as the Emperor's daughter.

Little did he know that back in the palace, there's someone who is also making a plan to ruin his plans. And they will do everything to win.