IV. | FOUR

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

"I'm so confused." Diego murmured while running a hand over his face.

"Did we fuck up that bad?" Y/n inquired while sitting on the pool table after Five had explained the grandfather paradox to them.

"Well, someone killed our mothers, so we shouldn't exist." Viktor shrugged, "But clearly, we do exist, and the universe can't handle it, which is a problem."

"Big problem." Five corrected, taking a sip of coffee as Stanley kicked at the air.

"Stanley!" Diego shouted, "Now is not the time to be doing karate, okay?"

"Mom said I need to practice!" He shouted back, holding a pool stick.

"Yeah, well, she's not wrong." Diego tossed a knife, "You're very bad."

"Well, I saved your pathetic ass."

"Okay, hold on." Allison interrupted, "Five, so we caused a paradox. What does that mean?"

"It's hard to say." He shrugged, "It's all been theoretical until now, but things have started to disappear."

"What things?"

"Uh, lobsters and a shit ton of cows." Y/n answered while tossing a pool ball back and forth.

"But I have a feeling this is just the beginning." Five sighed.

"A feeling?" Allison repeated, "Aren't you retired?"

"I want nothing more." He smiled sarcastically at her.

"You know, you can't drag us through hell because you have an itch only an apocalypse can scratch, and then expect us to deal with the fallout." She lectured, "You're not the boss."

"Fine," He sighed, "I'm the messenger, and I'm telling you something terrible is coming."

"Then let's go attack the Sparrows, get the briefcase, and go home."

"This is our home, Allison. Accept it."

There was a short moment of silence packed with tension until glass shattered as Stanley knocked something over.

"That's it!" Diego stood up, "I'm telling your mom."

"Ooh!"

"Wait, where's Lila?" Five inquired.

"Shower. I told her she could stay with us." Stan shrugged.

"Wait. When did Lila get back?" Viktor inquired as Five grabbed something and went off.

"Where are you going?" Diego called after him.

"To talk to somebody who only has half her head up her ass."

"Don't leave, Five. Don't leave!" Klaus called after him.

"No, I'm leaving, Klaus." He sighed as he walked off.

Y/n shrugged, "I mean, he has a pretty good track record with this stuff. I feel like we should listen to him."