Chapter 16: Homeee

****LIVEYS POV****

Johnny and Two-bit got me early in the morning. I was all stitched up and I had a wicked uncomfortable thing wrapped around my arm. We piled into the car with Two-bit driving, me in the middle, and Johnny next to me. The radio was on and the windows were down and I was happy to be going home. We just sitting and tapping our feet to the music when my favorite song came on. I gasped. "Turn in up Two turn it up!!!!!!" I shouted. He chucked and blasted the music and we all screamed the words to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as we pulled into the driveway. We walked inside all together.

"CLOVERS HOME!" Two-bit shrieked trying to sound like a girl. Everyone waddled into the living room and it was obvious that they'd just woken up. Two-bit and I started cracking up.

"Good ol' Clover Curtis is that you!?" Steve said feeling my face squeezing his eyes shut so he could act like he was blind. I stuck my tongue out and licked his hand. "AHHH!" He yelped like a four year old. Again Two-bit stated laughing.

"Yes it is ol' Stevie Randal!" I said kissing his cheek as everyone chuckled. I was greeted with hugs and kisses and laughter.

-----
"Two-bit come with me." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him up. "DARRY IM GOING OUT WITH TWO!!" I yelled so everyone could hear.

"BE SAFE!!" Everyone yelled back in unison. We walked out the door together and started walking down the street.

"So why'd you take me out here?" Two-bit asked.

"Well. I haven't gotten to hang out with you that much since Johnny and I started dating and you're my best friend after all so I miss you!" I said.

Two-bit smirked. "Aweee," he said pretending to twirl his hair sound his finger. "I know what we can do..." He said already starting to laugh.

"What," I asked cracking a smile.

"School ends next week. Let's buy you a new blade. You can carry it around after school ends and then for the rest of next year. And tonight lets get some beers..." Two-bit suggested pausing slightly.

"LETS GO!!!" I yelled laughing. We ran to a small store and 'bought' some candy and a new blade. And by bought, I mean stole. Then, we went to another store and got a case of beers. We sat in the park until we finished the case and then stumbled home constantly cracking jokes.

"I had fun tonight Two. Thanks," I said kissing his cheek.

"No problem m'lady," he said kissing the back of my hand just as the day we'd met. Then we walked inside. Everything was almost silent except for some bickering but I figured it was the neighbors or something so I told Two-bit to sleep on the couch and then walked towards my room. That's when I saw Ponyboy sitting on the back deck.

"Pony?" I called quietly while walking outside.

He cleared his throat, "Yeah?" He said, his voice cracking in the middle of the word. I sat down next to him and looked at his tear stained face.

"What's wrong?" I said putting my arm around him.

"Nothing." He said wiping his face off.

"Well obviously something. Pone, you're crying. You can tell me." I said soothingly.

"Clover, you know I love you right?" He said practically choking on his own words.

"Of course!" I said grabbing him and hugging him. "Did someone say you didn't?"

"No." He paused. "Darry is just so harsh. All he does is holler at me and I have to run away if he does this again." He pointed to a small bruise on his hip. Darry probably shoved him.