Chapter 9

“Wow….”

Camilla blinked her big eyes. It was really an invitation from her – the sender is Laila. She told her to meet again many times the other day, and she actually sent an invitation.

“Mom, can I go here?” Camilla asked, blinking her eyes.

“Of course! If Camilla wants to go.”

“… I want to.”

“Very well, Camilla. All you have to do is go there and have fun.”

The Countess hugged her daughter tightly.

Only the children were being hurt by the stigma of Roister County. Everytime that Roister County made a contribution that added to their prestige, people envied that and slandered them. There were days when she also felt bad that it also influenced Camilla. More than that, Camilla seems to be finally making a real friend.

In fact, Camilla didn’t consider her peers friends.

‘They’re childish and not in their right minds.’

She’d rather be alone than to hangout with them. However, her mother seems to have another idea and was always worried about Camilla.

Meanwhile, she met Laila. She was a little different from the kids Camilla knew of. What is it? I can feel she’s mentally mature? She doesn’t know how to explain it, but she’s sure it’s not normal.

‘She’s also pretty.’

Though the dangerous element that sticks at her side is bothering her.

“You need to prepare a present.”

“A present?”

“You were invited for the first time so you can’t go empty-handed. Is there anything you would like to gift to Laila?”

“Uhm….” Camilla thought deeply.

She then thought of the pretty girl with bright silver hair and golden eyes. Her pink cheeks and bright smile reminded her of a sweet strawberry cake.

And….

“A white teddy bear. I think she will like it if I give her a white teddy bear!”

“Good idea. Let’s eat lunch today and get it together.”

“Alright!” Camilla nodded her head fervently.

No one could have guessed how this would affect Camilla’s life.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

I don’t know how many times I asked the handmaid who took care of me and Valdwin since this morning.

“When is she coming?”

“Miss, you asked me just five minutes ago.” The handmaid laughed as if I was being cute.

She kindly pointed out to me what the time is right now, and what time Camilla is coming.  I climbed up on the sofa, looked out of the balcony, then sat back down. I asked Valdwin, who was quietly reading a book next to me.

“What about you? Are you not waiting?”

“What should I wait for?”

“Camilla! You will meet her soon!”

Valdwin closed the book on my words, looked straight at me and said, “I like Laila more than Camilla. I’m looking forward to playing with Laila more.”