Chapter 20

I groaned and rested my forehead against the smooth tiles as hot water beat down on my back. Oh, God. She wants more from me. 

I should have seen this coming. I had seen it coming. But I had been powerless to stop it. Not long ago it had just been sex - dirty, uncomplicated sex. She would text me. I would go round to hers. She would be waiting naked under her robe and I would spread her legs and eat her out until she came. Then I'd fuck her. And then I'd leave. When had things changed? Probably when I'd got all protective when that arsehole brother of hers had turned up.

I peeled my head off the wall and reached for the shower gel. But just before he had turned up I had been kissing her hadn't I? I usually avoided kissing her, but ever since I couldn't seem to stop. That was what I was thinking about when I was staring at her outside just now. Kissing her. I was thinking about it now, and getting hard. My dick was rapidly swelling in my hand. 

Well, my dick and my hand might as well get better acquainted. It didn't look like I was going to get any other relief any time soon. Not now she wanted more from me.

I groaned again and reached for the cold tap. I wouldn't be reduced to wanking in the shower like some teenager. Even if I was now so hard I could hammer nails. 

What I needed was Sarah's hot wet mouth around my cock, not my gel covered hand.

Jesus fucking christ. How was I going to get through this? I grabbed a towel and angrily dried myself off, then dragged on a T shirt and my joggers. Was it crazy to go for a run at midnight? Probably, but I was a little crazy wasn't I? I had an incredibly beautiful, funny, vibrant woman wanting more from me and I was almost hyperventilating with the horror of that, while at the same time wanting to go round there and nail her so good she would want me even more. Crazy didn't even begin to describe me.

Fuck this. A midnight run was not going to solve this particular problem. I had to face facts. I needed to grow a fucking back bone and go and talk to Sarah. I needed to know what was happening here too.

But when I opened my front door Sarah was on the landing, her own door open behind her and that arsehole brother of hers was holding her lovely face in his great big hands and he was kissing her. And not in the way a brother should kiss his sister.

—-

When I got in my flat I slumped down onto the sofa not even bothering to switch on the light or take off my coat.

I couldn't believe I had said that to Jake. I hadn't even known I wanted more from him until the words came out of my mouth.  For some time I had been wanting more from someone but not from Jake. I had always been perfectly well aware that I was never going to get more from Jake so I hadn't even bothered fantasizing about it. But things had changed hadn't they? He had started kissing me and he had slept in my bed and he had told me he wasn't sleeping with anyone else. All those things could get a girl thinking about the possibility of more, even a cynical girl like me. And the way he looked at me just now. My heart was still thudding. A guy didn't look at a girl like that if he wasn't also contemplating more. 

But I was probably fooling myself. Jake was just in it for the mind blowing sex. Hadn't he demonstrated that when he'd come out with a load of filth when I had said we needed to talk. Dirty talk was all he could manage. Hadn't I known that all along? 

But he had looked so breathtakingly gorgeous standing there in the moonlight, his dark eyes searching my face. Could I stand knowing that he was just a few feet away and not touch him again? Would it be so bad to come around his cock like he wanted me to without pressing him for more?

Then the doorbell rang and my whole body was suddenly alive with excitement. Had Jake changed his mind about talking? Or had he come round to sort me out in the only way he knew how. Right at that moment I didn't care either way. I just wanted his hands on me.

But it was Paul. 

"Hey babe," he said, his breath smelling of rum and coke. "Just got in?" he asked looking at the coat I was still wearing.

"Why do you always have to come round in the middle of the bloody night?" I asked grumpily. "Are you trying to catch me out?"

"Doesn't bother me if you want to shag some pretty boy," he said, and he leaned closer. "You're mine and you'll always be mine."

I rolled my eyes. "So you disappear for months and then reappear with no warning and still expect me to fall at your feet?"

"I knew it!" and he grinned his shark grin. "You have missed me."

"I have missed you like I miss pound notes. In other words, not at all."

He trailed a finger over my lips and I let him. I shouldn't have, but all the fight had gone out of me. I was tired and  a bit pissed and fed up with wanting Jake and confused about how much I wanted him and Paul had been this forceful presence in my life for so long now that I had an urge to just give in.

He leaned further forwards and I could feel his hot breath on me as his hands cupped my face and his lips pressed against mine.