60: No Way Out

Walkers started piling inside the community, stepping on the fallen metal sheets of the wall. "Everyone, get back!" Rick yelled, pulling his gun from his holster. "Get into your houses, go!"

"Come on, we got to go." Carl told Elle who kept looking at the walkers piling in and Rick shot at them. The two began running, dodging any walkers or any thing that could trip them. Rick shot one walker that close to them, making it fall right in front of Elle, tripping her. "Elle, come on." She grabbed at her leg, the running making it burn.

"Shit, my leg." She hissed. Carl pulled her up, keeping an eye on the herd of walkers that made their way further and further into the walls.

"Can you walk?"

"Yeah, just can't run." She groaned as he lifted her back onto her feet.

"That's alright, just keep going."

"Where exactly?" She shouted over the growling as they quickly walked, trying to get away.

"There's my dad." Carl responded, pointing at Rick to was helping Deanna. They joined him, Michonne, Gabriel, and Ron following.

Deanna held her gun out and Michonne started killing walkers with her katana. Elle grabbed her knife and killed a walker just a few feet away from her. A group of walkers appeared in front of them, almost blocking them in.

"Shit." Michonne cursed, holding her katana close. Gun shots were fired and walkers started falling to reveal Jessie.

"Come on, I have Judith!" She yelled, turning to run back to her house, the small group following close behind.

They all ran up the porch steps and into the house, slamming the door shut. Rick and Michonne immediately went upstairs to lay Deanna down on a bed to treat her wounds. Carl quickly ran to the room Jessie lets Judith sleep in, making sure she was okay. The growls from the walkers outside were loud, causing Judith to cry. Rick quickly followed, and tried calming her down.

The growls, the running, the crying, the shouting. It was a lot. Elle ran her fingers through her hair as the noises all swirled into one loud, echo. "Shit." She breathed. This cannot be happening right now. "Shit." Her breathing picked up rapidly as she began pacing back forth. She shook her hands and tried taking deep breaths. Without her control, her eyes began flooding with tears and quickly began slipping down her cheeks. "No, no, no." She began panicking even more.

"Elle, I need your help- Elle?" Rick's voice called out, but it was muffled and echoing. "Shit, Carl!" He called for his son. Rick has witnessed a few of Elle's panic attacks and he knows how to help, but right now he had to barricade the door. Carl came running down the stairs, asking what was wrong. "You help her, then you two help me."

Carl quickly turned to see Elle grabbing her chest. "Hey," he quickly approached her, making sure she could see him. "Deep breaths."

"I'm trying." She took a deep inhale and slowly let it out.

"Carl, Elle!"

"Come on, come on, deep breaths." Carl nervously began looking around, seeing walkers through the windows getting closer and closer to the house as Elle continued taking deep breaths. She was quickly returning back to a relaxed state. "This is bad timing, really bad timing."

"I know, so shut the fuck up." She snapped. Carl looked a little taken back and Rick peered into the room, hearing such language come out of her mouth. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm okay now." She sniffled and wiped her face. "How's Deanna?" She asked, looking at Rick.

He shook his head. "She got bit."

Elle was hanging up anything she could to cover the windows; blankets, sheets, curtains. She used a stapler to pin them to the window frames, keeping them still so the walkers couldn't see inside.