The Orphanage

There was nothing but scare in her head she hid behind the door and sat holding her brown teddy, she felt someone was with her even in those scary moments, she hold it more tightly and closed her eyes in hope to be not found.

She could hear the steps coming towards her and she predicted it before getting caught when the steps sound stopped just before her and she couldn't resist herself
'I haven't done anything, please forgive me I didn't break that glass. she was screaming holding her teddy with her full efficiency.

When no sound came in return she got shocked and peeped squeezing her eyes and that was the moment when she smiled ear to ear 'Oh Tarun bhaiya!' she jumped to hug him who was sitting infront of him silently waiting her to open her eyes.

She hugged him like the way she holded her teddy and all the scares were gone so far.

'I thought it was Aasha Tayi' she said looking his face.
Caressing her head he asked 'why do you so much afraid of Aasha Tayi? She is just hard by face she scolds but only for our good she cares and worries about us that's it'.

No she isn't she always scolds even she snatched my teddy last time when the glass broke by me unintentionally! she said it was my punishment but I haven't done that intentionally you know how much I love Tulu (her teddy).

Oh my sweetheart! Let's go,you just have to say a sorry to Tayi and you promise her you will not break  anything now.

'Oh sorry to say but you think I broke them all intentionally?' She turned her face angrily and stood up with her hands tied.

He tilts his legs to come to her height 'Pari its not about you I know you would not do anything wrong, you are a good girl but also I don't mind if you even break the last crockery of the kitchen'.

'Is that so' she asked giggling.
but then her face got dull 'then she will surely throw me out of this orphanage'.

Shut up okay and don't say these words again, this is not an orphanage this is our home and we all are a family.

'Sorry bhaiya!'she said touching her ears.

It's okay now come lets eat its dinner time but first you go to the kitchen and give her a warm hug, say her sorry and yaa don't forget to mention that promise.

'Okay bhaiya' she smiled and went.

It was nine o' clock and everybody took their seat on the dining table in the main hall.
It was one of the rules of the Orphanage that
Everyone will have dinner together like a family.

There was a little silence spread over the hall except from  the sounds of the utensils and spoons in the plates and chatterings among the children, there were total 17 children  in the Orphanage and each one was between 4 to 13 years old.

'Tarun meet me after the dinner and by the way how is your business going?' Tayi asked placing the glass on the table.

'Everything is good, I was thinking about extention but for now I'm focusing on a contract' Tarun said looking out from his plate.

Meanwhile, Pari was giggling and talking with her new friend Tanya which was new here. She was just 5 years old and Pari was 6 years, it was no surprise, when a day someone knocked the door and when Tayi opened there she found her fainted on the floor, someone left her here.

'Pari focus on your dinner' Tayi raised her voice.

She was busy talking to Tanya and when she suddenly heard her Voice she moved in a hurry and  glass fell from her hand, with that a breaking sound broke the silence in the hall.

Tayi looked at Tarun then she sighed and raised her voice 'Sambhu Da please clean the floor and you sit with your feet up on the chair Until he cleans the floor'. pointing her spoon towards Pari she said.

She pull her legs on the chair and whispered squeezing her eyes 'sorry bhaiya!'.

After the dinner Tayi was busy reckoning with account books of the Orphanage in her cabin which was her daily routine.

When she noticed Tarun, he was standing on the door 'Ohh come in dear why are you standing there?' she said looking at him and again got busy in papers.

'Would you stay here today son?' She asked while checking the papers.

No actually I'm leaving I have classes and I have to finish some work before that.. So.

Don't worry I know you are working hard for,but also  you have to take care of yourself we all love you son.

'Please don't say anything to pari' Trun said requesting.

I know son she is a kid but she has to understand unless it will become her habit to break things she should feel it.

But son this is not the thing I'm worried for.

What happened?
Actually it's not any problem but I'm wondering.
'You should see these details' she said passing the file.
Someone again deposited 10 Laks to the trust account.

But its good news why are you worried then.

'It is son' she said looking at him.

'Are you sure you haven't deposited it?' she asked suspiciously.

Why would I deposit indirectly?

'I know you Tarun, I'm not your mother but I've raised you'.
She came near to him and holding his hands she said 'it's your money, you made this company on your own then why are you wasting your money like this'.

He looked into her eyes 'This is not only my company Tayi it's ours and every bit of it belongs to every person in this house'.

'By the way I'm getting late I have to go now'. He said leaving her hands.

please take care of your self too son.

'I will surely Tayi, Good night' after closing the door he said and left.

Winds started blowing faster than usual and it was the sign of a storm. Meanwhile, she felt a drop on her face.
She was sitting on top of the Ambedkar park in lucknow,floor was little hot after day time but weather has changed dramatically one could barely predict it raining.

'Riddhi run its going to be rain' shiva said while grabbing his bag.

But she was still lost in her past and still in the story.

'Riddhi what are you doing let's go we have to find a place to hide' he said loudly this time.

'Oh yeah lets go' she said and stood.

But it was tough to find a place to hide specially in the huge Ambedkar Park which was built by the marbles and stones.

The rain started and she knew it would be late to go to the gate she just sat there on the last steps,she felt like all the tales were of yesterday  but that was not and her tears hid behind the rain.

💔✨

___Chapter 2 ends___