If only...

A/N: 

Book: If only...

Chapter: I can't without them!

Izuku's POV:

After my talk with RG Aizwa came in and carried me back to our new home. He also told me that I would spend the days with Nezu from tomorrow onwards. This was the reason why I was with Nezu in one room and looking at a chess board he had placed on the table in front of me.

Nezu: Why don't we play a game of chess and every time someone losses a piece the opponent will ask a question.

Hm?

Why would you want to do something like this?

Should I?

It would be fun but I don't know... the stakes are too high!

But I could also gather some information too!

Maybe..

Maybe he won't be asking much about the LOV....

And if he does I could just refuse to answer or maybe even run out of the room...

Me: Okay let me prepare the chessboard. White or Black?

Nezu: Black.

Me: Ok.

And this is how our little chess game began. I never gave him a chance to even take one of my pieces except 5 pieces. In contrary to him miserable failing I took every single peace.

1 White Peace:

Nezu: How did you get to be part of the LOV?

Me: They saved me after I saved one of them. But I also broke into their lair while also trying to search for shelter.

Nezu: I heard from RG that you were running around the city covered in blood is that true?

Me: Yeah.

Nezu: I am sorry.

Me: hm?

2 White Peace:

Nezu: Do you want to go back to them?

Do I want to go back?

...

I do!

I miss them but...

There is no way they would take me back

Me: Yes and no.

Nezu: Could you explain it to me.

Me: I want to go back but I know it is not possible so I won't chase after something impossible.

Nezu: I see.

1 Black Peace:

Me: Why are we doing something like this?

Nezu: Oh I just wanted to get to know you better.

Me: Is that so?

Nezu: Yes. I heard from Aizawa that you can hack and I wanted to see how intelligent you are myself and what better way than to play a game of chess.

Me: I see.

3 White Peace:

I sacrificed another piece in order to usher him in my trap.

Nezu: Did you ever kill someone? Even if it was self-defense. It is not unheard of gang fights on the streets after all.

Me: No.

Nezu: Never?

Me: Hm. As you can see I am very weak all I ever did was run away and hide until they left me alone again. I had no chance going after someone with a quirk after all.

Nezu: You have a point there.

4 White Peace:

Still haven't found the trap?

Nezu: Do you think you could live here?

Hm?

Why the change of topic so sudden?

Me: ... I... I don't know.

Nezu: Okay then how about this? How do you feel living with Aizawa and Mic?

Me: I guess they are not bad people.

Nezu: No. They are not and both of them already see you as their son. You can consider yourself very lucky Izuku

5 White Peace:

Nezu: Do you want to attend UA?

Me: Me?

Nezu: Yes. If you want to, I could arrange something for you.

Me: No. I don't think I belong in any classes.

Nezu: How about only the theory part? You still need some education or would you rather stay with me and let me teach you stuff?

Me: You would?

Nezu: Yes. You seem to have a brilliant mind and your heart at the right point. So of course I would like to recruit you.

Me: Then if I need to I would like to stay with you and avoid class 1A. They are a little bit to much for me.

Nezu: I understand.

After that I played a move after another not letting him ask any more question and I personally didn't had any myself. This was how we played some time in silent. However it didn't take long for me to end the game.

Me: Check mate!

With that our game was over and Nezu totally fell for my trap.

Nezu: You got me good there. It was such a brilliant trap. I didn't even realize it till it was too late!

Me: Well it is fun playing with you!

Nezu: You never stop amazing me. After I heard of a boy that survived on the street quirkless. I was so intrigued but seeing how intelligent you are this doesn't surprise me anymore.

Me: ... I needed to find a way to get rid of all the free time so I sneaked into the local library a lot and read all the books there.

Nezu: I see.

Me: Can I go to the bathroom?

Nezu: Sure. Wanna play another round?

Me: Sounds good to me.

Although I won't be able to playing another round after this...

I was happy to see that he was not following me to the bathroom. Once I was in all I wanted to do was either escape or end this life. After talking with Nezu it was clear to me that I lost my place in live and had nowhere to go. I didn't had a purpose any longer and so I went over to the mirror and broke.

All I had to do was punch it and it began shattering in a couple of pieces. My hand was bloody and I watched my own blood drop to the floor. There was no pain I could feel. The only evidence that I was really injured was my hand and the pieces of glass from the mirror stuck under my skin.

I looked down on the floor that was now covered with my own blood and shards from the broken mirror.

Me: I don't belong here....

I bent down and took a pretty large piece in my hand and looked into the mirror. All I could see was a small and very thin boy that had pail white skin and dark circles around his eyes. The glittering green eyes that I had were gone and instead I had just dull green ones.

Me: I am sorry...

With the shard in my hand, I closed my eyes and let some tears fall down while I placed it on my neck. I was ready to make the move and end my life once and for all. One deep cut and I was dead.

???: IZU, NO!