Annabeth

Annabeth

______

THE DEATH THREAT WAS THE LEAST OF HER PROBLEMS. Annabeth was sure she wasn't in the condition to do anything, including dying. If there was any hope for the world, it had to be her and Percy. And of course, the rest of the seven and Nico and Coach Hedge.

Although it sent jabbing pains through her chest, just as it did everytime she tried to breath, she yelled,"Ghea. Oh great. Now we'll have to deal with another annoyance. Not just sitting in tartarus, we have to have her as company. Yepee." She complained. She had thought about doing some snappy comeback, but her thoughts were foggy. But at least Percy was here with her. He had scars and scrapes in several places, his hair tossed and thrown wild, his eyes looking desperately at her injuries as well as the cieling- wait. There was a ceiling. It had a jagged rock structure on the verge of collapse, but there was a ceiling. How is that possible?

"Ah!"She couldn't help the escaping word as she tried to look at the ceiling. "Gentle! Annabeth, stay still." Percy said. His eyebrows were creasing together as they always do when he's worried.

"How do we always end up like this? Me at deaths door- literally- and you with that look on your face?" Annabeth said, Ghea momentarily forgotten. Percy smiled.

"I don't know. But at least we're together-"

"-but not for long." Ghea interrupted. "Because I have plans for both of you, but you are both needed in different places at different times. So Annabeth- prepare to die."

I tried, even though it was extremely painful, to grab Percy's hand, but once again I was falling. But this time, I was falling straight through the floor. Percy can't go with me this time. If only I could've saved him...

I didn't fall to the ground as I thought I would. I was floating, in a low ceiling long corridor. It was wide, with nothing in sight. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. As in it feels as though there is nothing there. No floor, although I can feel it if I reach my foot out. How is this possible? I learned that sometimes you never find the answer, but being a child of Athena I have to seek out knowledge.

There was a tingling sensation in all of my body. Something is about to happen.

Suddenly I was at Camp Half-Blood. And it was fine. The pine tree at the top of half blood hill was shimmering with the golden fleece. The cabins were standing tall and proud. Campers were milling around, and there was a game of volleyball going on between the sayters and some of the campers. The rock wall was shut off, but you could see the last impressions of scorch marks. The big house was right where it should be. Chiron and Mr. D were playing a game of pinochle. It looked like it did from when she got back from the quest Percy was sent to rescue Artemis and herself.

Then something like a nuclear bomb went off. The explosion started by the cabins and spread out. But Annabeth was watching the destruction of her safe haven- her home in slow motion. The blast wave ruptured everything. The campers were blown off their feet and some, but thankfully few, looked to be dead. This broke her faster than any fall could've. Her friends were dying in front of her. And there was nothing she could do to stop it.

She snapped out of it. It was just a vision. The camp may be under attack by romans, but they would never do something like that. Also, the camp would never be taken out without some kind of fight. That fact was the only thing that calmed her, even if it only calmed her slightly.

She was still in the corridor. An she had no idea what to do now. As she reached her arm to her head, to wipe the newly fallen tears from her cheeks, she heard Ghea's voice again. "So, you may have been able to trick my minipulations, but you can not stop your beloved Percy's sacrifice. And I will make sure that before you are sacrificed as well, you will be broken. A small feat is needed to begin my rise and conquering of this planet."