Chapter 4

VEGAS POV

Today is the day that I can finally go home.

Three days had already passed since the day Pete and I didn't have a proper conversation.

I know that he still thinks of me as an evil man and I can't change that.

I wanted to say sorry, and ask him for his forgiveness for all the bad things I did to him. But not now, I'm still not sure what he truly feels about me and what is his motive for staying with us.

All I know is, the First Family ask him to stay with me, but why did he say yes in the first place?

Did he choose me? Or just doing his job. I don't really know, I need to find out myself.

In the hospital, inside the car, I didn't say anything to him. Even if he is just next to me.

I just keep on glancing at him from time to time, when his not looking.

I know he keeps on staring at me and wanted to say something. But I tried to act like I'm busy.

When we are in front of my bedroom, I look at him. I can see from his eyes the sadness and also, fear.

If only I can bring back the time, and only if I can change who I am. I will do that without any hesitation.

"Are you scared?" I asked him nervously.

He look at me and swallowed before answering.

"Do I need to be scared...... again?" I'm speechless at what I've heard from him.

"Did I hurt you before?" I ask him again trying to look confused so he's not gonna suspect me for questioning.

But his answer bothered me a lot.

"If that's the only way to bring your memory back, I will let you hurt me again"

I wanted to tell him that I've changed since that day since the day I admitted to myself that I love him.

"I promise to myself not to do those things again" I whispered and enter my room.

"If you need me, just call me I'm staying outside" he hurriedly said and left.

Maybe he can't stand to stay in this room anymore, a prison room for him, but for me, I can call it my home.

I stayed in my room till the afternoon, I never called anyone cause I wanted to be alone.

Pete's word keeps repeating in my head like a song.

I didn't know that I slept after that, I got up from the bed and went to the balcony.

I wanted to smoke that badly just to release some stress, but a guy caught my attention. I know even from afar who is that guy.

The same guy who used to follow me wherever I go before. I put a smile on my face while thinking of it, but stopped when a guy came next to him and give him something.

He immediately put it in his pocket, he look so tense after the guy left.

I saw him lit the cigarette from his hands.

After a few minutes, I heard Macau calling for me.

"You're supposed to be lying down, and having some rest, who are you looking at?" he told me while looking in the same direction as mine.

"Do you think, we can trust him?" I asked, still looking in Pete's direction.

"The truth is I trusted him, after seeing him next to me in the  ICU while waiting for your operation. Waiting and taking care of you when you're in a coma. From there, I can see his sincerity toward you. I know you can feel it too. I know I am young to give some advice but you have to trust your guts, just for once." he stated.

I'm so speechless about what I've heard from my brother. I never thought he can consider my feelings toward Pete.

"But"

"No, but, you have to tell him the truth before it's too late, father is not here anymore to control our lives. We can do whatever we want without asking for his consent now. I only have you now, and I want you to be happy" then he patted my shoulder and left.

But before that, he asks me to go down and have some dinner.

Midnight comes and I still can't sleep because of my legs. From time to time it keeps on hurting.

"Nop can you tell Pete to come over" I shouted.

But I didn't hear any response from the outside, so I got up from my bed and walk limping to check if anybody is there.

I see no one so I walk to the next door.

I knocked on the door, and calls Pete's name for the fifth time now but still didn't open the door. So I went inside, and see him sleeping peacefully.

I went near him without making any noise. I sat beside him and slowly caress his face.

"Pete" I called him trying to see if he was asleep. But he didn't budge at all.

I want to turn off the lampshade on the other side of the bed but something caught my attention. A bottle of pills. But after reading that is a sleeping pill, I know you will end up falling asleep the next day or the day after if you take more of it.

I lie down next to him and spoon him. I know I'm taking advantage of this but I don't care anymore.

I also forgot, that my leg was hurting before.

"Pete, I know you will hate me for this" I started whispering in his ear.

"But I don't know what to do. I wanted to ask what is your motive for staying, but I know you're not gonna tell me the truth. I didn't lose my memory Pete, I remember everything. And I'm sorry for that. When the times come, I will beg you again not to leave me." I whispered and then got up before I fall asleep next to him.

But before I left, I planted a kiss on his forehead but was not really contented, so I kissed him on his lips instead.

The following night will be the same, I keep on sneaking into his room without him knowing just to snuggle and steal a kiss.

Sorry for the boring Chapter....