𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝐝𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥

❛ BELLY FLOP ❜

BELLY FLOP

❁ ❁ ❁

The honk of the car announced the arrival of Laurel and her children. Iris looked forward to meeting Isabel, the girl that the boys consider as their little sister. The Fisher boys stood beside Iris, all three waiting for Laurel and her children to come out of their car. "What's up," Jeremiah called, walking toward Laurel to hug her. Then came out Steven, and shortly after Isabel.

The three boys went in on a conversation amongst themselves while Laurel went inside to find Susannah, and Isabel walked up to Iris. "Hi I'm Isabel" "Hi I'm Iris" The two said in unison with one another. "You go first," Iris smiled. "Okay, well I'm Isabel but everyone calls me Belly." Iris nodded, "And I'm Iris, no nickname, just Iris."

"I've heard a lot about you Iris," Belly grinned, looking over at the Fisher boys. "And I've heard a lot about you Belly." Belly looked back at Iris, "I know about you and Con." The claim was like a punch to the gut, Iris hadn't really expected it, but she wanted to know how. "Jere told me," Belly finished, as if she read her mind, "He's a complete dick for dropping you like that." Iris laughed, "Yeah but now he's bearable so it doesn't hurt to try again, right?"

Belly shook her head, "Taylor says to never try again with a boy unless the boy is willing to try again." Iris nodded slowly to Belly's words, though it hadn't really made much sense, she knew Belly was trying to be nice. "How about we forget about boys and get to know each other, it'd be nice to have a tour guide."

"That does sound nice, we can-"

"Guys, I don't know about you but," Steven started, grabbing all of the teens' attention, "I think it's time," both teenage girls were confused. "For a," both Jeremiah and Steven said together, "Belly flop!"

Belly rolled her eyes and tried to run away from the two boys, Conrad soon joined and went in to grab her arms, Jeremiah and Steven grabbing onto each leg, "Come on Iris, help us with the Belly flop," Jeremiah called and Iris laughed and joined in.

"One," the four swung, "two," they swung again, "three!" They let go of her and she fell right smack into the pool. "Agh," Belly groaned, "I think you guys rolled my ankle." Iris grew concerned for Belly, kneeling down to make sure she was okay. The older of the two girls threw her arm down for her to grab, but Belly had other plans, smirking wide and mouthing 'sorry', yanking Iris down with her.

The boys started to laugh, "Not funny," Iris grumbled, splashing a good amount of water on them, more on Conrad. "Fine," Conrad said, "I'll help you up." Iris thought it would be best to yank Conrad down with her and Belly. When she grabbed onto his arm, she pulled him close and with a little help of Jeremiah, Conrad fell into the pool.

Belly got out of the pool, and both Jeremiah and Steven ran to get her a towel, the three of them left immediately to leave Conrad and Iris alone, almost like they had planned it.

"Those shits," Conrad groaned. Iris couldn't help but laugh. The boy rolled his eyes, splashing a wave of water onto Iris, causing her to choke on the chlorine liquid. Conrad bursted into hysterics. Iris didn't know if it was a good thing that he had been laughing or not. He'd calmed down on his laughter and their movements were slow.

They looked at each other in silence, like every other time they just stared at each other. Iris looked deep into his eyes, noticing a glimpse of the Conrad she used to know, the one that would force her to walk on the inside part of the sidewalk, the one that would tie her shoe when it was loose, the one that cared.

❁ ❁ ❁

Four years ago

"On the count of three, show your schedule," Iris screamed at her best friend. Conrad nodded, his glasses bobbing to the movement. "One," she started, looking down at her sheet, "two," Conrad looked at her, not even taking notice of his own schedule, "three!"

First period Algebra One, second period Physical Education, third period Biology, fourth period English, fifth period Spanish, sixth period Homeroom. Iris read over his schedule. She turned back to her schedule, noticing they had only three classes together.

"We only have Biology, Spanish, and Homeroom," she sighed. Conrad's brows scrunched, "Hey, it's okay, it's better than nothing, right? At least I won't have to deal with learning another language alone and I get to learn it with you," he reassured her.

"You're right," she smiled hopefully. Conrad had always known the right words to say, at the right time, and that's what she loved most about him.

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

slow filler, could've been
written better, im very gassed

went to the lego store n got an
f1 merc amg lego set, hot topic
to get the stranger things collectibles
and got steve the hair harrington,
and bought the ashe rae album
preorder 🫶🏽🫶🏽

loving life rn what about you guys

stay hydrated !

© spidemeister