00.8

"Estelle," Penny started, reaching out to grab Estelle's hand.

"What?" Estelle asked, growing more nervous by the second.

"You know how we could never find your biological family?" Penny asked Estelle who was getting antsy.

"Yeah..."

"So we've come to realize that your biological dad is actually someone you've known for a while." Her mom said, letting her eyes drift over to where Maverick was sitting.

The gears were now turning in Estelle's head as she looked at the two people in front of her.

"Pete's actually your dad." Penny said, looking directly at Maverick who was looking anywhere but the woman in front of him.

Estelle stayed silent; processing the information that her mother just revealed to her. Unbeknownst to her, silent tears were falling down her face.

"Stelle, say something. Please." Maverick pleaded.

Estelle didn't know what to think. She didn't know how to act. She only did the thing that made the most sense to her, and that was to leave. She left and drove to the place Natasha was staying at. A place frequented by the girls when they were younger.

Estelle pulled onto Nat's street and parked her car, not even caring if her car was up against the curb and bolted to Natasha's front door. She was banging so hard that she thought she might've busted the door down when Natasha opened it.

"Stelly, what's wrong?" Nat asked, extremely concerned for her friend.

Estelle couldn't hold it in any longer and lost it. She fell into Nat's arms, sobbing. She felt like her whole life was a lie and couldn't believe this was kept from her for so long. Nat had walked her into her house and placed Estelle onto the couch. She then went into a different room to call someone and cancel her plans. Estelle felt terrible that Nat canceled her plans for her, especially given Natasha's current situation.

Once the initial shock had worn off and Estelle was able to calm herself down, she explained everything to Nat.

"I can't believe that." Nat said, putting her hands on her face in disbelief, "They knew the whole time?"

"I guess so." Estelle said with tears threatening to spill from her eyes at any moment.

"Do you want to stay here tonight? You look pretty tired and I don't want you driving like this."

"Please."

The two friends decided to watch a movie to help calm Estelle down and have a night with just the two of them. They chose the movie Sweet Home Alabama, one of their favorites from when they were younger.

They had gotten everything situated when Natasha's doorbell rang, "I'll get it," she said standing up.

She opened the door to reveal Bradley and Bob, "You're not canceling on us tonight." Bradley said, pushing past her and making his way into the house.

"Estelle," He said, giving a nod in her direction

To which she replied with a small, "Hey."

He placed the cases of beer he was carrying on the counter and offered one to Estelle, which she politely declined, before grabbing one for himself. By this time, Nat and Bob were now both in the room sitting in chairs on opposite sides of the couch Estelle was on.

Because of where Nat and Bob were sitting, the only open seat was on the couch next to Estelle. Once Bradley sat down, Nat started the movie, her and Bob both getting sucked into it. Throughout the movie, Estelle calmed down and grew extremely tired. She had propped her right arm on the arm rest and laid her head in her hand but her wrist started to hurt after a while, causing her to switch arms.

Bradley noticed, and scooted closer, he had "stretched" and placed one arm on the back of the seat Estelle was sitting in. Due to his close proximity, he had left her with two choices: prop her head up on her sore wrist, or lay her head on his shoulder. After much internal debate, she finally came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lay her head on his shoulder.

After looking at Nat and Bob, deciding they were paying enough attention to the movie to not notice their conversation, Bradley decided to ask Estelle about earlier because he had noticed her sour mood: "Are you okay? You seemed pretty upset earlier," he asked, whispering in her ear, trying to not draw attention to the pair.

Saving herself from more tears, and out of utter exhaustion, she just shook her head "no," looking up at him from her place on his shoulder but he was already looking at her. They're eye contact and close proximity had caused Estelle to blush and turn her attention back to the movie.

Due to her being emotionally exhausted and it being extremely dark in Nat's living room, Estelle found herself trying not to fall asleep. It also didn't help that Bradley was extremely warm, making her even more sleepy.

Eventually, Estelle gave in and fell asleep on Bradley's shoulder. She ignored the thoughts in the back of her mind screaming at her how wrong this was; but if it felt so right, why would it be wrong?

AN:

Tehehe I love fluff.

that's it. that's the book. IM KIDDING!!

I love Estelle and Bradley.

THANK YOU ALL FOR 1.9k READS. THATS LITERALLY INSANE!!! 💕💕

Please save me. I'm stuck in the car for the next two days with my mom and younger brother 😃

Anyways, (count how many times I say that and decided) how do we feel about that "plot twist," was the plot twisted for y'all or was it predictable????

I don't know why, but I thought of this "plot twist" idea and literally couldn't stop thinking about it so I wrote a book about it... like this whole book is based off of the "plot twist." Am I ashamed to admit it... maybe a little... also, this was not the way I had intended on revealing it but also I couldn't think of any way on how to reveal it and her getting a job on the base was really random (I KNOW OKAY) but I couldn't think of how to reveal it other than in this way LMAO LEAVE ME ALONE. I CAN SENSE THE JUDGEMENT WHILE I'M TYPING THIS...

Okay, that's all for now!!

KJ 🫶🫶