Dwayne the Troll

A short story I wrote because my mom wanted me to start writing again:')

Once lived a troll named Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. He was nicknamed this because everyone thought he looked like a rock. And he did. However, Dwayne was actually quite a nice troll. He picked flowers for his mom, he saved his cat from eating poison berries, and he was always nice to his friends- or he would be, if he had friends.

One day Dwayne and his family moved into a larger town. There were more bakeries, more shoe shops, and most of all, a royal family in the castle on the hill. But when Dwayne and his family arrived there, everyone panicked and ran inside. The unicorns ran into fields, the elves climbed trees, and the griffons took to the sky. Only a few stray cerberus were left in sight, some fighting by the manticore statue, some scourging for stray bits of bread on the ground. Heartbroken, Dwayne trudged into their new home.

After a week of living in Manticore Village, Dwayne was outside looking for their cat, who had mysteriously disappeared the night before. Finally, he found her in the arms of an old warlock in an abandoned cow shed, happy as can be. Surprisingly, the warlock did not run away, but instead smiled at Dwayne and put the cat gently on the floor. The warlock greeted Dwayne and said he had noticed how everyone ran in fear when they saw him. Dwayne nodded sadly and told the warlock all he wanted was a friend.

The warlock told Dwayne, "If ye can solve ye olde mystery of Manticore Village, ye will have more friends than ye desires." This puzzled Dwayne. He asked what the mystery was. The warlock said, "It's our princess, see. Pretty, young, mysterious." With a twinkle in his eye, he continued, "She don't like to be seen after sunset. It's a mystery." Now, Dwayne had read many books about this sort of thing. He knew exactly what it was. He thanked the warlock and took his cat back home.

That night, he thought about what to do. If he told the village that the princess turned into an ogre at night (which he knew from going to the library, confirming his theory by doing research on her family history and old curses, which all connected in every way), he would get tons of friends and tons of praise. But the princess would be embarrassed, and Dwayne didn't feel like spoiling that secret and potentially ruining her life. So he kept it to himself.

And for five years, Dwayne kept it to himself. He made lots of friends eventually. Like Tom Holland, the elf with extremely bad archery skills. And Tom Cruise, the orange tom-cat who stood upright and went around juggling and asking people if they would join his circus that he would make some day. Along with Tom Hanks, the fairy who's spells always backfired. And finally, Mo, the talking jackalope. They had fun together. For five years, everything was great. Everything worked out. His parents and him were warmly welcomed everywhere. They knew everyone and everyone knew them. For five years. Until the day the princess disappeared.

This took me like 25 minutes and yes I rushed it but now my mom will stop bugging me. I'm calling that a win.