Chapter 3

I was in the cafeteria, awkwardly eating my lunch while everyone was chatting happily about stuff I didn't know or couldn't relate to. I nibbled on my sandwich and stared at everyone cautiously examining their faces. They all seemed pretty nice and tried to include me in their conversations most of the time but I got lost in them and stopped talking altogether. I was happy in this group of different personalites and was glad I had made friends this fast.

But then...they dropped the dreadful question.

------

"Hey, come this way, we've got to hurry or some bitches will come and steal our table at the cafeteria!" Ari yelled, walking way too fast for me to keep up with her. I ran to catch up to her and she slowed down a bit sensing my tiredness. She stopped for a while and allowed me to rest. I panted and huffed, tired from all that walking. Why did the cafeteria have to be so far away?

Ari hesitated before talking. "Hey Luce, do you mind if I carry you? Liam will kill me if I don't make it in time to get those tables," she shivered, scared out of her wits,"Literally." What!? Before I could answer, Ari had already swooped me up and she started running to the cafeteria in a desperate act to get the tables she was talking about.

We finally arrived and Ari put me down, rushing to the table that a blonde chick was walking to. She slid in front of the girl and glared at her menacingly. "Sorry, table's mine. Don't want to mess with my gang, do you?" she said threateningly, inching closer to her face. The blonde backed away and shivered for a second, probably imagining what they could do to her. She ran away and muttered something to her girlfriends.

Ari sat down, breathing hard enough to blow the three little pigs' houses down. "Whew. Thank god we got the tables. You'll see what I mean about Liam soon enough. He's dead scary. No joke." I started imagining a huge bulky guy glaring the bajeezus out of you. My thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of people.

Soon enough, guys and girls, some linking arms, some walking cooly, started filling up the seats on the table.They all stared at me curiously, a girl commenting about my hair and a guy nodding approvingly, checking me out.

Ari broke the awkward silence, "Hey guys, stop checking Lucee out! So this is Lucee and yeah. She's our new member of the gang!" They suddenly broke out into a sarcastic applause and I stood up and curtsied just for the fun of it. "I like her, she's funny." said a girl giggling. The girl had jet black hair and the most beautiful hazel eyes I had ever seen. She looked like a little toddler but also had her mature features too. "Hello Lucee, my name's April." she said smiling. I smiled back and she pretended to faint.

Soon enough, everyone on the table introduced themselves to me. There was Daniel with the amazing orange-brown eyes and the brown-ginger hair to match it. He was apparently the biggest playboy in the school. Then there was Mel with the strawberry pink hair and the whitest skin you will ever see. She looked exactly like a doll.

There was Liam who was surprisingly not what I had imagined. He had the most dazzling hot guy features you could imagine. The deep blonde hair and the midnight blue eyes captivated you and sucked you in. But apparently, he had the nastiest temper ever and could eat you alive with one look. There was also Geena and Cain who were identical twins. They looked exactly the same. They both had light brown hair and aqua blue eyes. The only difference was that Geena was a girl and Caylen was a guy.

Then there was Varick. He had the same icy cold stare as when I first met him. He still had his headphones on his ears and was ignoring everyone with his music. He blindly looked at me and then turned away spooning some of his cake on his plate and licking the spoon.

------

But then...they dropped the dreadful question.

"So Lucee, what brings you to Queensland?" Daniel asked. I hesitated, juggling whether to avoid the question with a broad answer or just tell them truthfully. "Well..long story short, my parents died in a car crash a week back and my grandparents who live here decided to move me here so I could have some support from them." I glanced at Varick who gave me an empathetic look and then turned back to his cake. I then looked at everyone else.

I expected pitiful looks and 'I'm sorry's but instead I got glares and looks of hatred. In unison they yelled,"DAMN THAT GUY WHO CRASHED THAT CAR! I'M GOING TO CHASE HIM TO HIS DEATHBED." They huffed and looked at me. Some put their hands on my shoulders and gave me an understanding look. "Don't worry Lucee, we're here for you." April coaxed, smiling.

I shot them a wide smile. I like these guys. Definitely.