Prologue

He was in front of Yamadeva, the God of death, arguing with him, "No, I don't want your swarga (Hindu heaven). I was a good man but I sacrificed myself so that my father could win. However, I had placed a request that I want to marry before I was sacrificed. I was married to someone and therefore want her as my wife again."

Yamadeva (God of death) was perplexed. It was true that the person in front of him had done no bad deed in his life. He never even had bad thoughts for anyone. How could he deny such a request?

Yamadeva (God of death) felt uncomfortable as he was in a difficult situation. Mohini was a form of Sri Vishnu and Goddess Parvati combined. How could he allow this without their permission?

He finally answered, "Give me some time to discuss this with her."

The God of death then sat on his buffalo and flew to Vaikuntha (Sri Vishnu's and mother Lakshmi's abode), leaving the man on the gates of swarga (heaven).

Sri Vishnu, the preserver deity of the universe, was resting on his Sheshnaga, the infinite headed serpent who had vowed to serve Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe) forever. His coils would serve as a bed for Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe) and his wife Goddess Lakshmi (Goddess of wealth and worldly pleasures).

The hundred gates of the Vaikuntha opened as Yama (God of death) came inside, his buffalo beside him as he bowed in front of Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe). Sri Vishnu, the preserver had taken the form of Mohini, the enchantress with the help of his sister, Goddess Parvati (wife of Shiva, the destroyer deity).

However, it turned out to be a problem as one person fell for her. Rather, the problem was that he had done no bad deeds and his unusual request had put the God of death in a sticky situation.

Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe) smiled. He knew the problem. However, he didn't know the future. The future was what people carved for themselves. If the man really deserved Mohini (female form of Sri Vishnu, preserver deity of the universe), he would get her because everyone should get what they deserve. After all, the universe worked on the law of Karma which Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe) himself had designed.

Getting up from the Sheshnaga (infinite headed serpent), he gracefully walked to a distressed Yama (God of death) as he said in a smooth, calm voice before Yama (God of death) could even open his mouth, "I know why you are here. He was indeed a good person. However, good deeds are not enough for getting Shakti (Goddess Parvati, divine feminine) as his wife. To get her, he has to take birth on Earth and live fifty lives as a celibate, immerse himself in devotion and if he did decide to break his celibacy, the count to fifty lives will be restarted. He would get no time in swarga (heaven) because if he did, he would end up using his good karma. If he is successful in this, he would surely get to marry Mohini in one life. I will make sure of that. However, the chances are very slim because a baby forgets about its last life and after life as soon as it takes its first breath. He will be born in the worst and the lowliest of families, toxic environment and he has to rise above that for all these lives because all collected good karma would be used to get her as his life partner."

Yama (God of death) felt relieved after finally getting an answer as he joined his hands, bowing in front of the preserver of the universe and his wife. Sri Vishnu (preserver deity of the universe) and Mother Lakshmi (Goddess of wealth, prosperity and all the worldly pleasures) blessed the God of death, having gentle smiles on their faces. Sitting on the buffalo, he was off to tell the news to the guy waiting for him on the gates of swarga (heaven).

*****

A/N:

So, hello everyone. I thought of writing this after learning about one interesting story from the Mahabharata. The character of Mohini in the scriptures made me curious to no end, so this is for Mother Mohini. You can search for her to get a clearer understanding of what is going on.

Another thing to remember throughout the book is, Goddess Lakshmi is wife of Sri Vishnu. Goddess Parvati or Shakti is wife of Shiva, though I would specify it again and again when these two are mentioned. Sri Rama and Sri Krishna or anyone with the title Sri are incarnations of Sri Vishnu. These two will occur again and again. These two are two of the most famous incarnations of Sri Vishnu, so much so that people may not know about Sri Vishnu but they know about Sri Rama and Sri Krishna.

Brahma is the creator of the universe, Sri Vishnu the preserver, the one who looks after it and Shiva is the destroyer.

The first one is Brahma with his wife Goddess Saraswati, the second is Sri Vishnu with his wife Goddess Lakshmi and the third is Shiva with his wife Parvati and one of his sons Ganesha between them

Why do we have a concept of incarnations of God? Well, these three deities and many other deities throughout India are manifestations of one God, Brahman. The exceptions are the thirty three Devatas who are connected to nature. Yamadeva is one of the Devatas, mostly those with Deva as the ending term are Devatas.

I did think about this again and again. Why did he take incarnations when he could just kill the people who harm mother Earth in just a snap? Yajurveda says that Brahman or God has no form. That's why I think he has to take a form to deal with those who hurt mother Earth. When their bad deeds cross a certain limit, God (Sri Vishnu, Shiva or Shakti (Feminine energy, combination of all the Goddesses, mostly led by Goddess Parvati, wife of Shiva)) will take forms to deal with them based on the powers they contain, like Mahishasur had a boon that nobody but a woman could kill him, so Shakti took form of Goddess Durga to kill him.

This is a not so well known story but his sister, Mahishi, had gotten a boon that she would be killed by the child of Shiva and Sri Vishnu. She considered herself immortal because how could two males have a kid? But Shiva and Mother Mohini's son Ayyappa was born who later killed Mahishi.

I will update every Saturday. Have a nice day.