Chapter 5

It was five in the morning, and her phone buzzed with unread messages. 

Her mother asking how her day was. Rosé summarized, not mentioning Mr Watson's session. She never was brave enough to tell her mother she needed therapy and wanted to keep it that way.

Eliot was questioning if she was going to sleep on an empty stomach as she hadn't come back to the kitchen to eat anything after she arrived, complaining that he'd have to eat dinner alone because the rest of their flatmates were busy or had already eaten.

Sorry. I was tired. She answered him.

The rest of the messages she left unopened.

There was a particular person who hadn't texted her: her father. His silence weighing on her heart. Rosé hadn't received any messages from him in a couple of weeks. She knew he was constantly busy, but he used to have more time for her.

Rosé could barely remember the last time she saw him.

Perhaps two or three months ago.

He worked hard to raise her, and Rosé always recognized that.

When they were still living together, she used to see him at night and in the morning, greeted her with a kiss on the forehead. He'd ask how her day was and if she needed anything. He was a good listener. Luckily, she always had a good relationship with her father, even though she didn't always agree with his decisions.

However, he kept his distance in recent months until he stopped answering her messages altogether.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a new message.

Eliot.

Eliot: Sleeping Beauty woke up early.

Rosé: I went to bed early.

Eliot: Did you sleep well?

Rosé: Fainted.

Eliot: Did you dream about me?

Rosé: Hmm, no?

Eliot: Rough night then. Do you want to go out for coffee?

Rosé: You know I can't refuse coffee.

Eliot: Caffeine addict.

Rosé: Guilty as charged.