🍋 Trust Me (America) 🍋

⚠️Warning: lemon 18+ content!

C/N: Country name

_________________________

"Ugh. America, that power-hungry bastard! He just wants you all to himself, see!" England was livid. You had rejected his proposal, and there was only one country that he blamed for the whole thing.

"I'm very sorry to have upset you." You spoke calmly, taking a sip of the tea that he had so carefully prepared for you. "I have made up my mind, please respect that. I know you two aren't on the greatest terms, but America loves me, and I want to be with him."

Your rejection had made England spill his own tea on the carpet, and he sat sulking across from you.

"Perhaps he does "love" you, but it isn't a healthy love, I can guarantee you that!"

You could feel that there was something else in that statement other than England's jealously and anger toward America.

"What do you mean not 'healthy'?" you asked, concerningly.

"Nothing," he replied spitefully. "You said you made up your mind, after all."

"England..."

He sighed. "I don't think you realize how controlling America will try to be. I think that his concept of love when it comes to you won't be what you expect. I've seen the way he acts around you, the way he acts toward other countries who are around you. America is a superpower, you're not, C/N."

You shook your head, not wanting to believe it. "America is just very protective of me. I think you're overreacting."

England crossed his arms. "I hope you're right. I really do care about you, you know?"

You remembered that conversation with England like it was just yesterday, but really it had been six months ago. Or had it been closer to a year? It was hard to tell at this point, the days really blurred together.

You had stuck to your guns. You had wanted to be with America, choosing him over England, and you had gotten what you wanted. However, as a result that was the last time you had spoken to England.

Things really began to change after you told America that you had decided to be his.

"You really mean it, C/N?! We can be together?! I can't even describe how that makes me feel. I vow to always protect you and help you whenever you need me. I'm going to be the best hero ever for you!" You remembered him lifting you up in the air that day with his incredible strength, then pulling you into a tight embrace. But then his voice got low, soft. "I'm so glad you made the right decision, C/N. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't."

You chalked it up to America just being excited that you two were finally together, but as time went on you became less and less sure.

First, it was your friends, your fellow nations. They were treating you differently. When you asked them why, no one really gave you a straight answer. Only Spain had eventually spoken up.

"I'm sorry, chica, but with you being within America's sphere of influence now, none of us dare intefere in your national dealings. It's America's jurisdiction," he explained.

"But I'm still an independent nation. Just because I'm with America now doesn't mean you guys can't be around. Who told you guys that?"

"Well... America."

When you confronted America about it, he just brushed it off and said that you were overreacting.

"I don't want any of the other nations giving you a hard time or bothering you. I'm your protector now, remember? I'm your hero, aren't I?"