𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"i knew there were gonna be guys here i just didn't know that they were all gonna be that FINE." raptor says as she flops down on her bed.

"who was the hottest?" i ask her with a grin while starting to unpack.

"uhh... did you see the one with the brown hair and the cute mustache?"

"yeah,"

"him. if we ever have to do anything with him, he's mine."

i laugh and raptor says "what about you amani? anybody catch your eye?"

"umm... did you see the blond one? with the cute smile who was showing off?

raptor made a face.

"what?" i ask

"I don't like him."

"this coming from the person who said 'don't judge people from the first time you meet them' "

"oh, shut up." she said, throwing a pillow at me.

"fine." i say, " but the blond one's mine."

"i still don't like him."

---

"amani!" i hear raptor say, "you zoned out."

"oh, sorry," i say, coming back to reality.

after raptor basically pulled me out of the other dimension she went over to talk to rooster who had spent the last thirty seconds staring at her.

i swear to god if those two don't get together soon i might lose my mind.

i'm also trying not to look at hangman because back at the naval academy we did do something the resembled a form of dating.

when we were done at the naval academy we had to end the sort of "relationship" we had. there were tears, kissing, screaming, and more tears.

we're very dramatic.

and there's definitely still lingering feeling. on my part, at least.

so i got up and walked over to phoenix.

"hey, you wanna school those boys at pool?" she asked

"oh, totally," i say

so we did. they lost. like four times. every time they lost they said "we're going to win this time" and every time they lost.

and next thing i knew the night was over.

almost everyone was drunk except for me because i'm muslim so i can't drink.

rooster was singing 'great balls of fire' with raptor in his lap and everyone else was singing with them.

i practically had to pry rooster and raptor off each other to get raptor back to our apartment.

---

when we got back to the apartment/room thing raptor was rambling on about how perfect rooster is and i'm not going to lie, i almost threw up.

since i was quite literally dragging raptor behind me because she was so dunk she couldn't walk as soon as we made it to the apartment i let her fall down on her bed and i went to my room.

a few minutes later i heard light snores coming from raptor's room.

she was probably the more normal one out of the two of us. even though she's crazy.

it was like, 2 a.m. so she was probably right for sleeping.

unfortunately i have problems with sleeping like a normal person so i decided to go out and explore.

but it was freezing so i put on a random pair if sweats and grabbed a hoodie from one of my open bags.

---

after waking around for a little bit i found an open area that was sort of off-to-the-side-ish so i just sat down and let my feet dangle over the edge and over the water.

it was actually pretty relaxing.

then i heard footsteps. i looked up to see who it was and saw the one and only, jake seresin.

"well, doesn't this seem familiar?" he says laughing quietly while sitting down next to me.

"yeah, i guess it does," i say laughing with him.

"so, why are you up?" he asks

"couldn't sleep." i mumble

"awww, little angel is sleepy," he says wrapping an arm around my shoulders

i yawn quietly and remember when things like this used to happen at the naval academy.

but my thoughts are moving a mile a minute so i just close my eyes a try to sleep.

i remember how jake used to call me his little angel when we were at the naval academy, i used to call him my everything. because he was.

i curled up into his lap and he repositioned himself so that his back was against a wall.

"jake?"

"yes angel?"

"i missed you."

"i missed you too, angel"

𝙖/𝙣:
i'm trying to get in some scenes of nightmare and maverick but clearly, it's not working. also, sorry it took forever to publish this chapter.