Chapter 11 part 2

Luke's POV

I had discovered that sitting in a tree for days on end did not ease feelings of loneliness, but I did it anyway. 

I mean, I know I've got the other warriors, but we're kinda drifting off. Nico's always with Will, Percy's always with Adalind in the infirmary and Lexi's always with herself. I guess she felt lonely like me.

Percy was such a pea-brain sometimes. Me and Nico had spotted about sixty-four years ago that Lexi had a crush on him, but he never noticed. And you know what? I have the strangest feeling that he likes her too. I've seen him watching her training, or staring at her from his perch on the roof as she walked through the grounds of the chaos castle. (That's what I call it)

I suddenly felt angry at everything. Argh! 

What God was responsible for this mess we were in? Who injured Adalind? Who killed Katie and Travis and... Chloe?

Nico's POV

I was sitting with Will on the crest of half-blood hill, resting and watching the sun set over the sea. Will was leaning back on his elbows and his blonde hair shone gold in the soft evening light, a light breeze playing across our faces.

Despite this peaceful scene, my emotions felt electrocuted. For some reason, across the whole day I'd been feeling angry on and off all the time, though I had little reason to be. I had described this feeling to Will and he had agreed, saying he had felt it too.

Just then, Will turned to look at me, and reached out a hand. I realized he wanted to pull my hood down.

"Will, what are you doing?" I asked him, leaning back and preventing him from touching my cloak.

"I just wanted to see my boyfriend's face, that's all." Will replied, smiling at me.

"I'm sorry, but you know I can only take off my hood inside the chaos cabin." I replied, a little miffed that he would take my identity so casually. 

"But why? No-one would see you, it's not a big deal." He said, reaching out again. 

I recoiled and put a hand to my hood, even though I knew he couldn't pull it off without me.

"Will, I'm supposed to be dead. It is a big deal. And plus, you know my hood is enchanted. You can't pull it off." I said, getting a little angry now.

"But please, just for a little while..." Will looked at me, his hand still reaching towards my cloak.

"William Peter Solace!"I exclaimed loudly, jumping up and moving away. "I am not risking exposing my identity just so you can see my face!"

"So you think I'm not worth it?" Will retorted angrily, the fraction of the sun's light casting a darker shadow over his face.

"What? When did I say that, Will? Don't put words in my mouth like that." I replied quickly, feeling a little shocked at Will's sudden outburst.

Will was glaring at me now. "Well then, if you don't want me to see your face then maybe you'd rather be here with someone else. I'll go and call Percy, and you can sit here with your hoods up and watch the waves together instead!" he yelled at me.

"Will, you know that's over. When did this conversation move to Percy?" I walked backwards until my back hit the tree behind me.

"I think I'd better go, since you obviously don't want my company tonight." Will said and he walked away defiantly, moving towards the Apollo cabin. He didn't look back.

I slid down the base of the tree, wondering what on earth had just happened. Why had Will just lashed out like that?

Silently, I fell through the shadow of the tree I was sitting in and into blackness.