Chapter 2

Robin (Tim)-

Heather's body drips the crimson color that matches my armor. The Joker is just standing there laughing his manical laugh with some sort of knife in his hand. Anger rushes through me as I place Heather's fragile body on the ground. I stand there, between her and the freak protecting her to the end. I take out a batarang from my sleeve, while throwing it, I attack with my staff. The batarang causes the knife to fall and the staff..... breaks the grin. I pound him repeatedly, breaking his arms and legs hopefully. But I must not do it. Don't let the anger take control. Don't go over the edge. I don't. I bring him right to the point and then I drop his body. Heather is losing blood, and lots. I press a small button on my gauntlet, warning the family what is going on before flying to Gotham Central Hospital. I burst through the door, Heather in my arms, blood spattering the white, clean floors. "GET A MEDIC!" I roar. They get there just in time. She is safe.... for now.

Heather-

My eyes slowly peer open, as I feel myself being carried, but I drift into darkness again.

My eyes open widely as I see myself in an unfamiliar room. "ROBIN, ROBIN!" I scream out as I am scared. I suddenly feel dizzy as I try to stand up too fast.

Robin (Tim)-

"Shhh...calm down" I whisper. I put my hand on hers, showing her that I'm here and that it's safe. She had been in a coma for a few hours. Bruce said the Joker was back in Arkham. He wasn't pleased to what happened. The joker's going to be treated in the ward, getting the same attention Heather is. Maybe he's right, maybe I shouldn't let my emotions get the better of me. "You've lost alot of blood, you're going to have to stay here for a few weeks before you can leave, don't worry, I'll be here, checking up on you" As I lie to her again, I kiss her passionately on the lips. I'm needed elsewhere in Gotham. My search isn't complete. The Joker was involved in a huge drug bust before he kiddnapped Heather. I told her she shouldn't be near me. I told her she should've just left work and carried on with her life. No. The Red Robin is too interesting. And that's why you can't be my sidekick. Because things like this happen. And I love you no matter what.

3AM. Heather finally goes to sleep and I jump out the window to continue with my investigation. I'm supposed to meet up with Nightwing and Batwoman near GCPD roof in a few hours. They think I need help with this. They're wrong. I don't need help. I need Justice. I need sleep. I need Heather. God, i can't get her our of my mind. I can't get her black hair out of my head or the smell of roses when I see her.

Heather-

I sit in my room all day and all night just waiting for him to come back. Thinking about him gets my heart racing and my stomach gets butterflys. I want to be with him forever, I want to help him. Maybe saving him like that, convinced him that I can help him. I am starting to get a feeling though that he is hiding something, I should confront him, because I need to tell him again. I need to tell him I love him....