Chapter- 42 Pain

Karthik's POV

I was too stunned to speak. She has endured this much for years. I wish I was there for her.

All the emotions made her cry more and more. This is the first time I saw her this vulnerable. My heart ached when she said she was unwanted and unloved. I wanted to tell her how much I love her but it's not the right time because if I tell her now, she will think I am showing sympathy for her and I don't want her to misunderstand me like that.

I just hugged her tightly and started caressing her hair and kept on saying "it's ok, Megha, I am here."

Sometimes we don't need words to convey our emotions... actions can speak too and our actions speak louder than the words.

I held her to my chest tight, and she wrapped her hands around my waist and sobbed her heart out. She cried for like one hour, shedding all the tears she was hiding in those pretty eyes.

My heart clenched with pain, looking at her like that. Her eyes are red and puffy after crying. Her hair stuck to her face and her tears were glistening.

I wiped her tears controlling mine and kissed her forehead.

"You are very strong, Megha. I am proud of you," I said to encourage her, and she gave me a weak smile.

"Let's go. I want to go home," I said and picked her up in bridal style. She didn't protest, instead wrapped her hands around my neck quickly and hid her face in my neck.

I carried her to the elevator, and she wiggled, asking me to keep her down.

"I don't want to," I said, and she stopped wiggling.

I went directly to the parking lot with her in my arms. Neeraj quickly opened the car door for us and I sat on the back with her on my lap.

Neeraj took the driving seat and started driving. I called Mr. Williams and told him that I was taking my wife home.

After crying that much, she was tired and slept in my arms. Once I confirmed she was asleep, my hands turned into fist and anger in me didn't help me to calm down.

Is he a father? No, He is a monster. How can he do that to my angel? She is such a sweetheart and always tries to help others. She smiles every day and I can't notice the pain behind her smile. I failed as a husband.

I don't deserve her, but I am not gonna give up... I will try to improve myself to deserve her.

She deserves the best, and I will become the best for her.

My thoughts came to a halt as the car halted in front of the villa. I carried her home and placed her on the couch in the living room.

"Megha, wake up," I patted her cheek, and she opened her eyes.

"Sorry, I fell asleep. You carried me," she mumbled, sitting straight.

"Yeah, come on, you have to eat," I remarked.

"No, I don't want to," she replied, slowly.

"You have to, Megha," I replied, but she didn't make any move to get up from the couch.

Giving up on the idea of taking her to the dining table, I went to the kitchen and served the food on the plate and walked back to her.

"Megha, eat," I said to her, taking the spoon full of food to her mouth.

"No, Karthik, please leave me," she replied meekly.

"If you don't eat anything, then your inner soul will cry with hunger," I said the same thing she told me when I was not eating and shoved the food in her mouth.