1- Paddocks & Contracts

"Cora, this lighting is not it" Madeline groaned. I stopped smiling and crossed my arms.

"Well, I have to post this AD and it needs to go into approval today so unless you can tell the sun to come out just take the photos" I groaned.

I sighed and smiled brightly again as she looked for a better angle where the light was hitting me best. She was the only one who I trusted to take my photos anymore, she had been doing it long enough to do the best and the quickest.

"I'm done with today" I shook my hair out of hairstyle I had set it for the photos.

"Your dad is still MIA?" Mad asked. We sat on the white couch in my apartment.

"Yeah, Justin says he's asked around with a few locals and they saw him that night like always at the bar but he left and then just no one has seen him. He's either dead, running from someone he owes money to or just passed out in some alley" I rolled my eyes. "Somehow only one of those three would make it easier"

"You can't keep bailing him out Cora, he is a grown man who has made his choice and you have a life far away from that now" She insisted.

"I know. It's jus-" The sound of my phone ringing blasted through the apartment. I looked over at the counter and stared at it for a few seconds hoping it would telepathically move to my hand until I got up and grabbed it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Cora, it's Sarah" She replied.

"What can I do for you Sarah?" I rolled my eyes slightly. Sarah had a tendency of making me do crazy stuff but she had been with me since I had around 5,000 followers and had a few dollars in my account so I stay with her like she did with me.

"As you know, Formula 1 is in Monaco this weekend"

I joined my eyebrows in confusion. "I didn't know that. Formula 1?"

"Yeah, you know. Cars going fast in circles, big show around here every year. Everyone wants to be here during that time" She explained. "Anyways, it would appear that we have been invited to attend this year and by me I mean you. It's Sunday"

"By who?" I asked.

"Ferrari, they want to show you around, take a few pictures and meet a few people" She elaborated. "I'll send you the details to your email tonight"

"Sure, thank you Sarah" I ran my hand through my hair.

"Smile and look pretty" She chanted and hung up. I set my phone back down on the counter and walk back to the couch.

"Work?" She asked as she looked up from here phone.

"Yeah, they are inviting me to the Formula 1 race this weekend" I explained.

"Really? I'm going too" She smiled.

"Wait, why are you going? You watch that stuff?" I asked confused.

She sighed. "Nah, my company is having me write an article about it so I have a media pass for the weekend"

I rested my head on her shoulder. "At least I won't be alone, I'm lost"

• - •

"Cora! We're going to be late! Especially me considering I'm working!" Mads voice echoed through my white walls.

"Hey, I'm working too" I shouted back as I looked in the mirror to fix my lipstick.

"Sure" She laughed. "Get your ass into the car"

I grabbed my things and jogged to the door where a black car was waiting for us. Parking in Monaco is the biggest pain in the ass, especially this weekend apparently when everyone and their grandmothers seem to be in town.