flour fairy | felix x reader

PAIRING | felix x reader
IDOLS FEATURED | lee felix
WC | 1.4k
GENRE | fluff, very slight angst
WARNINGS | explicit language, arguing, crying, smoke detector going off
SYNOPSIS | you insisted on helping felix bake cookies for his friends and family, but a tiny argument sets you apart. it takes you a drop of bitter lemon extract, a pinch of salt, a whole lot of sugar, and 30 minutes of baking time to realize you can't live without your little flour fairy.

Felix loved baking

Felix loved baking. Every time he met one of your family members or friends, he would hand them a container of some baked good, a bright smile on his face. It always worked; everyone loved both him and the treats he made.

You supposed baking sounded like a fun enough activity, but it was never something that you indulged in. Since Felix was so often busy in the kitchen baking, you never craved any homemade cookies: there was always an abundance. Sometimes you felt a little guilty; you wanted to make something good for him too, but he always insisted on baking alone, and you respected his wishes. But a few days before Christmas, Felix revealed his plans to bake cookies for all of his family members as well as yours, plus friends that he felt needed a little homemade gift to cheer them up. It was a big order and you knew he couldn't do it all alone. It was the perfect time to help him out, and it would kill the curiosity of baking. It was killing two birds with one stone.

"I think we need more chocolate chips." You skimmed through the ingredients set out on the counter, silently counting the bags of chocolate.

"The recipe only calls for a cup per dozen, I think we're alright," Felix replied, setting out the measuring cups. "Besides, we're making three types, not just chocolate chip. We have more than enough, babe." He flashed a knowing smile at you as he opened the fridge and pulled out several sticks of unsalted butter.

"Do you want me to be in charge of one kind? The sugar cookie recipe looks really easy, I think I can handle it," you said, flexing your arm muscles and grinning at him.

Felix chuckled and walked over to you, pressing a kiss to your cheek. "The recipe might look simple, but it's easier to mess up than you'd think. We should probably stick together."

You pouted, slightly disappointed, but busied yourself with the lemons for the lemon cookies, arranging them neatly. "Babe, can you start zesting the lemons? I'll start on the dough for the chocolate chip cookies," Felix asked, opening up a bag of flour, choking slightly on the white powder that escaped the mouth of the paper bag.

"Of course," you replied cheerily. You were happy to help in any way possible, and began grating the closest lemon against the metal tool, shaving off small pieces of its dimpled yellow skin.

Yes, you were happy to help in any way possible, as you had told yourself before. But Felix had taken on every part of the baking, only letting you do the simple tasks. You zested lemons, opened up bags of chocolate chips, and washed the dirty dishes. You wilted a little more with every mundane task Felix gave to you, but complied, not wanting to make a scene. After all, you were the one that had insisted on helping, and you wanted to do so: help, not hinder.