Ch. 32 - VISIONARY

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Thirty-Two⊚ Visionary ⊚

Chapter Thirty-Two
Visionary

"They were there for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us- hide and heal." Cora said after telling a story to Stiles and Sawyer about Derek when he was a teenager. "Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles said impatiently, making Cora turn to them, "Why do you care?" She asked and Stiles looked at her appalled. 

"Why do I care??? Let's see... Because, over the last few weeks our best friend tried to kill himself; his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed; Sawyer's been having visions; a girl that we've known since we were three was ritually sacrificed; Boyd was killed by Alphas... Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour." Stiles said and Sawyer raised her eyebrows at him. "You  really think Derek can do anything about that?" She asked making him shrug and glance at her. 

"Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah." He said and Cora sighed and shook her head, "I don't know... There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him." She said. 

"What was he like?" Sawyer asked and Cora went to answer but someone else did first, "A lot like Scott, actually." Someone said, making them look over to see Peter walking down the spiral stairs. "A lot like most teenagers- unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers..."

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asked, "Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men... A girl." Peter said, making Sawyer scoff. "You're telling me some girl broke his heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" She asked. "Do you remember Derek, before he was an Alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asked and Stiles shrugged, "I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing..." He said. 

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes." 

⊚