CHAPTER 66

Chapter 66

Mo Di nodded at the doctor’s words. 

“Thank you for your help, Dr. Wang.” Mu Tian Heng adjusted his mood and thanked the doctor, “I have to invite you to dinner in a couple of days.”

“No, no, it’s nothing.”

Mu Tian Heng said: “You’re too humble. This gratitude I have to repay. Your help was tremendous.”

“Not at all. All I did was run some tests.” Dr. Wang smiled. “But I do have a small favor to ask of you, Director Mu.”

“Dr. Wang, please don’t hesitate.”

“Sigh… it’s about my son. He wants to apply as a postgraduate student at M University but his resume is not very glorious. He had no prior experience or outstanding achievements, so…” Dr. Wang said with abasement. “I want to ask for your help in letting him do some internship at your company, make his resume look a little better…”

Mu Tian Heng understood immediately: “No problem, I’ll let him learn under one of our more experienced programmers. However, whether or not he can make anything out of it is beyond my help.”

“That’s good enough, that’s all I’m asking.” Dr. Wang knew that he should not overstep his boundaries and expressed his thanks, “Thank you, Director Mu. I’m well aware of my son’s capabilities, I don’t dare to ask for anything else.”

…..

After exchanging a few more pleasantries, Mu Tian Heng left with Mo Di.

“Are you still uncomfortable? Are the symptoms going away?”

Seeing Mo Di’s pale face, Mu Tian Heng was filled with heartache and anger. He wanted so much to hold him in his arms.

“I’m fine, brother. It’s not uncomfortable anymore. Really.” Mo Di was still a little nauseous but it was a lot better than before and bearable.

Lai De Si was cast aside where he stayed soundlessly. He had thought that Mo Di was just being paranoid but unexpectedly… who would’ve thought he really was drugged!

The culprit was too malicious, this could destroy his entire life!

Mu Tian Heng gently rubbed Mo Di’s hair: “Get a sick leave for tomorrow. Don’t go to class for the next two days, stay home and rest, ok?”

“Brother, I can’t.” Mo Di shook his head.

“The Spring Festival comes early next year and so will the holidays. We’re near the end of the course and the last few classes are critical, I can’t afford to be absent. Furthermore, if I were to do that, the culprit will be on alert. I want to find out who did this and the true mastermind. I can’t let them go unpunished.”

After saying his piece, Mo Di sweetened his tone, with a smile he said: “Brother, I’m fine now, it’s really nothing.”

Mu Tian Heng’s dark eyes stayed on Mo Di for a while. He finally sighed and embraced him in his arms.

“You can rely on me a little more, you know.”

“I’m already very dependent on you.” Mo Di smiled and hugged Mu Tian Heng back. His cheek pressed on his shoulder, “Brother, you’re the one I trust and rely on the most.”

Lai De Si pouted as a sour taste was getting stronger in his mouth.

I’m also a very reliable person, ok!

…..

Although Mo Di was not going to ask for leave, he came back to the villa with Mu Tian Heng for the night.