L • Jay

Lost

Because he will guide you through it

inspired by my friend ThatNinjagoWriter
listen, when i said ur work is healing this is what i meant lol.
the prompt ⬇️

n e ways, it took me three different imagines for the letter L before i settled and finished this

Warning(s): just sad tbh and mature language. also based on how i feel about people asking a 17 year old what i want to do for the next 40+ years of my life. like idk you tell me.

•

I looked at the options in front of me.

Physical options.

University selections.

Programs they offer and on my laptop are people's experience attending those schools.

I had sometimes wished that my parents would let me take a gap year...for the rest of my life. The pressure was creeping up on me. I didn't know what to do. I never did. I was always asked throughout my life what I planned to do when I got older. I hated that questions. I hated the people that would ask a 17 year old what they wanted to do for the rest of their life. That's another 50 years or so I have to decide for. My answers always changed from profession to profession. But for the past couple of years my response would always be "I'm not sure, yet."

Pfft.

Yet.

What a funny word.
Yeah, even on my last year of high school I still say that to people. Most responses I get are a pity look or they reassure me saying that I will figure it out soon. Well I better. Some days I'm determined on finding out what I want to do. By watching videos of people who are in said profession to doing research on different jobs.

Then some days...I just cry continuously. It's so annoying to not know what to do. Everything just seems to move and then you're stuck. Everyone has a certain idea on what they want to do or even have a concreate plan of what theyre going to do with their life. And I am here sitting on my bedroom floor crying because I feel frozen. Life seems to be moving so fast but I am just...still and standing. I don't even take a step or a leap. My feet are planted where they are.