Part 2: Little Biscuit

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official H&M storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Author: Tiffany (brkfst_at_tiffanys)

+++

A/N: Quick refresher- Dylan is with Vicky. Sandy is Luke's bio mom who passed away from cancer when he was 3. (Ami's bonus chapter 'Father' in MIK). 

+++

A few droplets of hot boiling water splash out onto his hand as he frees the spaghetti noodles into the pot. "Bloody hell that's hot".

Taking a quick innocent look around he finds himself in the clear. She likes to sneak up on him and lately he's been in enough hot water with Ophelia since 'bloody hell' has been on her list of favorite words.

He hears her little bare feet running across the wood floor heading in his direction. Soft tugs on the hemline of his t-shirt as he stands at the kitchen stove giving the simmering sauce a quick stir. "Gwandpa Dilly?"

The sweetest pair of inquisitive hazel eyes lock with his, reminding him of her Grandmother. Sandy would've been wrapped around her little finger too.

He smiles knowing that whatever she's about to ask she's going to get. "What is it, darling?"

"Can I have a ice-cweam? Pwease?"

With a chuckle he picks her up and sets her on the countertop. He's picked up a lot of ladies in this position and aside from Vicky, she's his favorite even if she's the only little lady he can pick up nowadays. Price of the job and an aging back.

"Okay biscuit but only one little scoop. Dinner will be ready soon."

He scoops a small scoop of mint chocolate chip into her bowl but she waits patiently to eat hers with him, watching as he scoops one into his.

"Promise me you won't tell mum that you had dessert before dinner?" He wiggles his pinky finger in front of her. "Or Grandma Mel?"

"I pwomise," she sweetly mumbles before quickly spooning a big bite in her mouth and sets her spoon down to entwine her tiny pinky with his.

They both turn to see Vicky walking into the kitchen giggling at the sight before her. Pinky fingers entwined with ice-cream dribbled on their chins.

She gently kisses her granddaughter's cheek, smiling at her adorable brain freeze face. "She looks just like you but cuter," she says turning to kiss Dylan's cheek. "God help all the boys if she's anything like you were."

"They don't stand a chance. Isn't that right, biscuit?" He winks at her and she giggles through a mouthful, nodding excitedly up and down.

+++

"You're not spoiling her too much are you? Uncle Dylan, Aunt Vicky are you there?" Ophelia says something slightly audible about a problem with the video chat connection to Luke in the background.

"Of course I'm not, honey." Vicky replies watching as Dylan gently wipes their granddaughter's chin clean while asking her what she wants for her birthday. "Can't say the same for your Uncle D though."

"You know bloody hell well you spoil her just as much as I do," he says smirking while giving Vicky's behind a pinch.

"Bloody hell that was good ice-cweam!" She squeals.

"Was that..did she..AUNT VICKY! She can't start kindergarten saying the BH word."

"I'll try and keep your uncle's mouth busy."

"Aunt Vicky!"

"I know, I know. I promise we'll work on it."

Sounds of laughter in the background as Luke walks closer to Fee's phone. "Hey Mum, thanks again for watching her. We really needed this trip."

"Anytime, sweetie. How is the trip going? Any more grand babies on the way like last vacation?"

"Okay, going to let you go now, Mum. See you next week! Love you both!" Luke rambles quickly to get her off the phone.

"Bring us back a grandson!" She manages to get in, noticing Fee blush as Luke ends their video chat. Looking at Dylan, they break out in laughter. "I never thought I'd ever get them off the phone."

+++

"Gwandpa where do babies come from? Mom said she'll tell me when I'm older and she threw a book at Uncle Dawcy when he started to tell me about mummy's and daddy's."

"I'm sure he deserved it." He laughs, prepared for this moment. He told Luke the same thing when Luke was just a few years older than biscuit but Vicky had to help him out when Luke didn't believe him and continued asking questions.

"Babies come from the same place you came from, biscuit. The oven." She giggles as he tickles her, scooping her up from the couch and placing her upright.

Holding her hand, he speaks soft and low as they walk over to the dinner table, "Just don't make any little biscuits of your own until you're thirty, okay?"

"Okay."

"Promise?"

"I pwomise." Sweetly he smiles down at her knowing that Luke and Fee are going to have their hands full scaring the line-up of boys she's going to have in high school. He's been tossing the idea of retiring around and makes a note in his head to dust the badge off and come out of retirement when she's a teenager.

Inseparable they sit side by side at the dinner table waiting for Vicky to join them who's checking on the oven. Dylan watches as Vicky bends over to take the sheet pan out. She always knows he's eyeing her behind and still loves that he does even if it's not as firm and shapely as it once was. "Biscuits are hot out of the oven, who wants one?"

"I'm not thirwty yet, Gwandma."

A/N: Good luck dating, biscuit. Some things never change no matter the age. I've always imagined these two as Grandparent goals who age like fine wine. My version: age-wise think early 60's, Johnny Depp/Tom Cruise badass, stays in shape for his job type of Grandpa Dylan.

He's such a GILF. He can butter my butt and call me a biscuit too.

I hope you all enjoyed this sweet Grandfather-Granddaughter moment. It had me missing my Grandpa. Happy memories with him and my late older cousin. Anyone else really close to their Grandparents?

Thank you, Ami for giving me nickname ideas ❤️