Chapter 36: Part 3, Pt. 3

Over time I had forgotten if every type of grey I saw had the same shade. Was the same colour. And it seemed like it.

-

I had probably tried being someone I never could.

It's not like I never had any friends at university.

There was just this main issue that the one-room flat I lived in was too hard to get out of.

And frankly, no one cares if you don't make them care.

-

When you're too caught up with your own directions, how are you supposed to follow any other ones?

-

In the first semester, I got to know people. And they, again, got to know other people. While I couldn't muster up the courage to do that. Or maybe it was just a simple lack of effort. To take the extra step.

-

I settled after just a few because that was what I used to.

-

All of the few who moved on eventually – they aren't terrible people.

Life just..., moves.

And I stopped.

-

Sometimes I woke up at night and didn't feel at home in my apartment anymore. And I resent those people for it. For not caring, for not showing up. For not helping me lead this new life.

-

And I knew it was bullshit.

I made strangers out of them.

Maybe I was just another terrible person.

A stranger to myself.

-

Over time I noticed that all the colours blended into one. And it wasn't just a colour, it was a shape. It was a sound, a rhythm.

Everything had become bland, all the same.

-

Everything had become monochrome.

-

And I stopped again.

Losing all directions.

Ending up here.

-

Maybe I couldn't stop there yet.

-

I just didn't feel like I had been punished enough.