Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Hailey's P.O.V.

Hermione couldn't make our library appointment. She had to go to her many, and I mean many classes. Draco offered to help me out instead. As I got ready, my necklace was beggining to feel a bit uncomfortable. It felt heavier and more clingy. I didn't bother myself too much about it. Draco met me by the Fat Lady. Once Midnight saw Draco, she leaped into his arms. Draco laughed and carried her and even offered to carry books. What a gentlemen. We walked toward the library and sat down. The librarian had her nose in a book and looked up at us. She was about to say something about Midnight but she quickly sat back down and gave us a smile. Strange.

"So... What are we researching?" He asked me with Midnight still in his lap.

"Frost Dragons." I said briskly and stood up and started looking. He went up to help me and Midnight just sat there in the chair watching us. We grabbed a few books, and started flipping through them.

"What did you find?" I asked him stretching my neck to take a peek at the book in his hands.

"The Frost Dragon spends it's first few years up in the polar region... Blah blah blah... Their scales resemble the night sky... Some rubbish of how they morph...The Frost Dragon then leaves to find a wizard or witch who have both their destinies in twine... Blah blah blah..." He said.

"Can I see that?" I said reaching for the book.

"Sure... Why are you even looking up Frost Dragons?" He asked leaning back in his chair opening up another book.

"Just wondering." I said turning pages a bit more interestedly.

"C'mon Hail. You know I can tell when your lying." Draco says smiling.

"You won't believe me even if I told you." I said laughing at myself.

"Tell me!" I looked him in the eyes searching for something that would convince me.

"... Come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me out of the library. Flustered, he had Midnight in his arms and he followed me. People started to stare and point. Gosh. It wasn't that horrible or uncommon. We walked into the Room of Requirement. At least thats what I thought it was. We entered a room, much different than the one where I was last in with Draco. It was like a winter wonderland.

"Woah... You needed a snow room?" He asked me.

"No. I don't know why this came up."

"So about Frost Dragons again?" He said looking around. It really looked like the outdoors. I couldn't even see where we came from. Pine trees higher than I've ever seen, and snow falling from the ceiling. Small snowflakes falling on my nose and on my eyelids. I looked down at Midnight who was also admiring the scenery. She seemed to feel more at home.

"Go on Midnight. Show Draco." I told her. She looked at me with wide eyes. I nodded to her, and she went in the trees and came out the dragon I first saw. Draco's eyes were wide.

"It's alright isn't it?" I asked him smiling hopefully.

"Of course it is! Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me. I just shrugged. I went over and hugged him tightly. It took a few seconds but he hugged me back.

"Thank you." I whispered into his chest.

"Haha for what?" He asked me.

"For helping me and for being one of the best friends I ever had." I said smiling.

I'm sorry that this chapter is kinda short, but I promise the next one will be longer! Thanks for reading! :D