Uno

The Call

——————————————

——————————————

"VENUS WAKE UP today is your last day at Lorelei's Dance Studio." my aunt says shaking me awake from my sleep. "Cinque minute."  I say pulling the blanket over my head in protest. It's suddenly quiet in my room and for a moment I think she's left me alone.

"WAKE UP!" my aunt yells suddenly, yanking my blanket off of my body exposing me to the cold air of my room. 

"Zia." I whine annoyed.

"Ah ah ah. Don't Zia me piccolo. Weren't you the one that told me that you wanted to finish your last week at Lorelei's and take one more day of classes?" my aunt says arching an eyebrow at me.

"Si"

"Okay then get your lazy butt up and get ready for dance. After I'm sure your mamma e papa will be glad to go out to dinner with you when your done." my aunt says with a smug smile. "Mamma e Papa sono a casa?!" I say excitedly. "Si piccolo, sono a casa." my aunt answers.

My mom and dad are very busy actors who have a ton of projects going on constantly. Its very rare that I see them so soon after their last visit a month ago. Based on the project I never know how long there going to be home for. The only time I can count on them being home is during the holidays when we fly to Italy to go see our other relatives.

Right now my mom is finishing up shooting the first season of a premiere Disney XD show called Lab Rats. She plays the mom of the main character and she really likes it so far. My dad is the main producer of the show and even gets to write some of the episodes so they still get to work together even while being in Hollywood.

I admire my parents for what they have done for me and my brother. It just sucks that I don't get to see them that often. That's the main reason my Aunt moved into one of our spare rooms. To bring me to dance and any oppurtunities that come my way. My Aunt is the owner of her own clothing company so she has a very flexible schedule and basically works from home.

"You have 15 minutes and then we need to go or you'll be late."

I groan but reluctantly get out of bed and get ready for the day. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my face. Then I do my skincare routine but simplified, I only use some moisturizer and face serum because I'll end up sweating it all off in dance anyways. I put on a black leotard with tights and my nude ballet slippers and head downstairs.

Sitting at the kitchen island in front of a laptop screen and a bowl of cereal is my brother Matteo. At the stove making an omelot is my aunt who is humming quietly to herself an upbeat song.

"How was your sleep sorellina?"

"It was good fratello. Why are you eating cereal if Zia is cooking?"