Three

The Black Ranger

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was a scramble to return to their feet as the now group of five raced around the ruins of the school trying to desperately avoid the assault from the sky. Cam was leading the way, the person with the obvious best knowledge of the place, considering he had spent his whole life there. He lead the four students to a spot in the ground, one of which held a hatch that Ellie was sure she had never seen in her years of attending the school. But there was no real time to question the man on what this all was, considering the sky assault continued and the laser beams were getting closer and closer to their targets. 

"Go, go go." Cam urged as he ushered the group to follow him down, Ellie in the middle her sister pushing her forwards to head down first. With Dustin the final one to enter the hatch slammed closed behind them as they ventured down a set of stairs to their destination unknown. 

"Cam what is this place?" Shane asked his curiosity getting the best of him as his eyes darted around the dark place they were being led to. 

"Just follow me." Cam left no room to argue, and for once sounded much like the leader Ellie knew he could amount to being. If only his father did not hold him back. 

"Don't ask any questions as I can not answer them." Cam told the group as the room came to life revealing what Ellie thought to be a rather traditional looking Japanese room, if not for the massive supercomputer in the middle of it. 

"Is it like some sort of secret?" Shane once again asked the obvious, something he did rather often.

"Yes it's like some sort of secret." Cam was irritated by some of the people he was surrounded by that was more than obvious if the eye roll did not instantly give it away. 

"And there are times when secrets must be revealed Cam." Out came a moving, encloser? Of which inside was a talking Guinea pig. Of which made Ellie have to stop for a moment, she had seen a lot of things in her time as a ninja student especially considering what Sensei Morai had put her through for the sake of it. But never had she seen an animal talking. Except for that one occasion her Sensei had posed as a snake to scare her, a talking snake and had forever inserted the fear of snakes into the woman who had been no older than 14 at the time. 

"Wow, that big rat sounds just like sensei." Shane noted and as the group came to terms with what they were seeing, Ellie was connecting the dots from her own experience. As it became more obvious that the Guinea pig in front of them was most likely Sensei Wantanabe. Which only led the question as to where was Sensei Morai. If one of them was able to get away unscathed, well only minorly affected then there was hope her own Sensei would walk around the corner at any point.

"Doesn't really look like him though except for the clothes." Dustin replied to his friend as he got closer to the encloser which looked like a mini house, to examine the Guinea Pig. 

"My father is not a rat he is a Guinea Pig." Cam took offense to Shane and Dustin's words as he jumped in to save his currently rodent father.

"Dude did he just explain why and I just missed it." Dustin looked to Ellie for help but all she could do was shrug at him in response. 

"He's stuck." Cam added on looking at Dustin in particular.

"Stuck?" Shane asked and Ellie turned towards her sister, who had been quiet for most of the time and as the two blondes made eye contact neither of them seemed to be able to say anything. Only Ellie looked to her older sister for a little bit of help, see if Tori could do or say anything to make things seem less strange and scary as they were at that moment in time. But Tori did not seem to be able to do this as the pair stood there, together facing something else unknown.