Chapter 18

Wulfric

Had I ever been with someone so responsive?

It was an easy question to answer: no. Griffin gave his whole self up to the moment. It made it all too easy for me to be swept away by the avalanche of sensations. And now here he was, arching up into my touch while looking back at me with a heated gaze that was entirely captivating. His eyes went wicked and he watched me watching him while his tongue rolled over the two fingers in his mouth.

Oh, hell.

I flipped Griffin over so he was lying on his back again. I relished in the flicker of surprise in those deep blue eyes. Curls fell over his forehead, and we got caught up in a moment of staring at each other. He looked so beautiful like this, with curls falling over his brow and his body so freely offered up to me. It made my chest hurt, so I pushed the feeling down and reached to firmly grasp Griffin's wrist. His fingers easily slid out of his mouth as I tugged and Griffin let me guide them down to skim over the trail of hair on his stomach, then over his erect manhood, and further still until they reached his ass.

"Go on," I encouraged, bracing my hands on his legs to help him keep them folded up. "This is what you wanted, isn't it?"

Griffin's eyes had gone wide and I enjoyed that I seemed to have surprised him. That moment passed quickly, replaced by heat and determination as he applied himself to putting on a show for me.

Griffin let out a needy moan as he pushed both fingers inside himself at once. It probably burned, especially as saliva wasn't as good as artificial lubricant. His teeth sank into his lip and his legs twitched under my hands. I pushed a little harder onto his legs, tilting up his pelvis to give him easier access, and Griffin's fingers slipped in deeper. He released a small whimper, so soft I wasn't sure I would have caught it without my enhanced hearing.

"Wulf," he sighed, and relaxed back into the bed, his eyes falling shut.

I had expected this to get Griffin all worked up, had expected to find my enjoyment out of the knowledge that he would be even needier when things escalated. But I was just as aroused by this as Griffin was, and it wasn't long before I let go of him to snatch up the tube of lubricant that was sitting out on Griffin's nightstand. I had to remove the factory seal and took an unexpected pleasure from knowing this was a new bottle. Griffin watched through heavy-lidded eyes as I slicked up my fingers and went to replace his. Only, he just kept working himself up while I joined in, and soon we were both preparing him for me.

Griffin's free hand slid up and down my length, lingering in all the most sensitive places and using just enough pressure. I could have reached completion just like this, but it would have been a missed opportunity. If his hand alone could electrify me like this, then sheathing myself in him had to be intense.

It wasn't long before Griffin said, "That's enough," and slid away to reach for the lube. Griffin used it to coat me and then he sat up on his heels, staring at me with a new vulnerability. "How do you want me?" he asked softly.

Was I reading too much into things, or was there a deeper meaning to his question?

It hit me, then, as it hadn't done before: to Griffin, this was a huge deal. He might be unusually experienced for one of his kind, but I'd be a fool not to recognize this as a different kind of first time. It would be Griffin's last first time sleeping with someone, and he was jumping into that commitment before we really knew each other, and before I had ever given him any sense of security in our relationship.

A couple of things about this bothered me. First, that with my unending lifespan, either I was only in for a few more decades of sex before centuries of celibacy or... Or this would not be my last first time laying with someone. Neither option sat well, so I moved on to the next issue.