Epilogue

It was the day where I'll be meeting payong guy. It's really weird calling him that but that was the nickname my friends gave to him.

I was feeling different kinds of emotions, there's a thing in me wanting to back out. Wanting payong guy to remain unknown to me. But then there's also a part in me where I need to get to know him because ... just because.

After the talk with Achilles he didn't replied to me. I guess he's taking his time with the sudden confession he made towards me. Tbh I feel happy knowing he also likes me.

But I wasn't on my right mind to react with it.

I get the umbrella from my drawer. I put it in my bag. I texted c that I'm already on my way. I didn't know why c knew about payong guy?

Maybe he's friend with him? That's why they knew me. I don't know.

After this one I'm making things clear with Achilles. If he's really payong guy then I'd be so happy knowing about it, because after months of finding who he really was. It was him at the end.

Pero may parte saking madidisappoint. Maybe because he had the chance to reveal his identity yet he didn't. O baka hindi din niya alam na ako 'yun.

A lot of things were playing in my head. As if it was about to explode dahil sa dami neto.

I arrived at the spot c was talking about. It's almost 7 pm. And this is also the exact time I met him.

Only the noise of people passing by and the sound of cars driving the road were heard. And I'm there wondering around waiting for that specific person to show up.

I now felt that it was him all along, but I needed some confirmations.

And as I was waiting in an unexpected rain suddenly bursted. I didn't know what to do. It took me a minute to realized that I have an umbrella with me.

Dali dali kong binuksan ang bag ko pero sa taranta ay hindi ko mabuksan ang zipper neto.

To be shock would be an understatement to how I felt my spine shiver the moment I heard someone talk behind my back.

That familiar voice.

The voice I've love hearing to.

"You have my umbrella with you yet you didn't mind opening it at an instant?"

The rain suddenly stopped making my clothes wet because Achilles offered the umbrella above my head.

"Thank you." I said to him.

"Whenever it's raining I always have the chance to give you an umbrella and maybe that's a sign for me." he uttered.

I didn't know how to respond.

"Gianna, I'm sorry for acting like I didn't know you were looking for the one that gave you an umbrella. I made that account for me to let you feel how much I like you as a person."

Gulat akong napatingin sakanya.

"It was you."

He nodded.

And because of that tears instantly pooled my eyes. It's because I feel like I got played, all this time he knew about it. Yet he didn't tell me.

"You had your chance to tell me. I told you that I was so close to liking you as c ..." I was sobbing.

He slowly lift my chin and wipe the tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. Like what I've told you. Pinangunahan ako ng takot Gianna. There's a lot of what if's running in my mind. And the last thing I wanted is to not lose you. And for me that's the only thing I can do not to lose you."

"And do you think because of what you did you won't lose me? Masakit din sa part ko, Achilles. Para kasi akong napaglaruan. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way... Pero wala eh, masakit sakin. And it hurts that it would take me time to sink in with this one."

He was also starting to tear up.

"Am I losing you already?"

"I'm sorry."

I managed to say and turned my back against him. I started walking not minding the the rain soaking me.

//

[Instagram]

Achilles:

Can I still wait for you
even after what
happened?

Gianna:

if you're willing to

i just need time to understand
everything i hope you'd give
me the time i needed

Achilles:

Of course, Gianna.

Maybe someday we'd meet again,
in the streets, or along the
midway.

In time.