Chapter 3 - Nightmare of A Lifetime, Part II

Driving through Downtown Embarr, Desmond and his friends arrives at the Great Bridge of Embarr along with the many cars driving on it in hurry to get away from the spectral demon's rampage. Thinking that the police force got it covered, Desmond and the others falsely believe that they are in the clear.

Desmond has his attention fixated on Meryl, who is still crying by the horrible memories of AC 1996. "Don't worry, my dear sister...." Desmond said with determination. "I will protect you this time." After hearing his assuring words, Meryl stops crying for now.

The bridge suddenly starts to shake violently, breaking the left side of it. The vehicles that are driving on that side all fallen into the river below. Viewing this from the windshield, Dani panics and stomp on the brake. She puts the car in reverse and crashes into another car.

"Are you trying to kill us or something!?" complained Iris.

"Save your complaints, Iris!" said Jordan, pointing to the windshield. "Look!!"

The spectral demon's body emerges from the middle of the bridge as it phase through solid matter. Everyone knew this is the time to ditch their vehicles and run for their lives, including Desmond and the others. Everyone screams while running for dear life. The monster mows the down the fleeing people in order to get to Desmond and his friends. Seeing no other way out, Desmond, Meryl, and their friends decides it is best to jump off the bridge.

"Here goes!!!" shouted Panz.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Dani screamed, terrified by the heights.

Desmond grabs a hold of his little sister as they and the others fall into the vast cold river

Desmond grabs a hold of his little sister as they and the others fall into the vast cold river. With the help of each other, they prevent themselves from drowning into the cold river. Jordan looks up and does not see the monster on the bridge. Jack looks up as well and tells the others that they didn't the monster. They all wondered where the monster have gone. Not caring to find out, Desmond signals his friends to swim far away from this spot.

Before they can start swimming, Jordan feels tugging at his legs and feet. Everyone, especially Iris is wondering what's wrong. Jordan tries to break free, but he is pulled into the water.

"Oh, my God!" Iris screams. "JORDAN!!!" She dives under the water to save him.

When Iris dived into the water, what she sees terrifies her. Jordan's body was torn to pieces. His torso was ripped asunder, exposing his entrails. His legs are crushed, exposing the bones and meat. Jordan has died. The others tries to go after her, but Iris comes up from the water with a horrified expression in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" worried Meryl. "Where's Jordan!?"

"He...he's dead...!" Iris murmured. "We have to get the hell out of here-

Before she could finish, Iris gets skewered by the claws of the monster and get ripped apart. Desmond, Jack, Meryl, Panz, and Dani gasps in shock and horror, seeing their friend get killed in front of them.