90

Two lovers sit at the edge of time.
Sharing the in between licks of a lollipop.

"Where do you think we'll meet next?" The young boy glances around. Taking in the light at the end of the tunnel.

The girl shrugs, and passes the lollipop over to him. They met before, in a past life. And long before that. Somewhere beyond where they are now. Fate has a funny way of never letting twin flames burn out. One time they came back as butterflies, during peak season when they're everywhere, and your heart breaks a little when the swarm attacks your car going 75 mph. Another time the boy was salt, and the girl was pepper. They sat hand in hand on the table of a diner, happy to help balance out the grill and oil from the underpaid cook that works in the back. And remember when he was a blue jay and she was a cardinal? They followed each other around and confused the neighbors when they shared the same home.

They came back as kids, sharing the same classroom, soaking up the information their given. Sharing giggles on the play ground and smiling at each other from across the lunchroom.

"I'm not sure where we'll meet next..." the girl trails off, passing the sweet sugary candy back to her flame.

A solemn silence falls over the crowd of two. It's sickening for only a second, "good..." says the boy.

"Where ever we meet, I know it'll be good."