DITHW~Chapter Ten

The rest of the school headed outside to watch Tiffany get driven away. The moment she left, everyone cheered.

"But wait, what about the statuses? Who's who?" Myra asked.

Diana replied proudly, “Myra, no one should be separated just because they prettier than the other, or smarter, or even because you’re the new kid. For those of you who fell asleep in U.S. History, Thomas Jefferson our third U.S. president stated in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal. Obviously, Tiffany didn’t follow that. She probably was trying to create a new form of totalitarianism here at Yosemite. However, she did teach us a lesson. Being popular isn’t always the greatest thing. I mean sure, there’s having a lot of friends. But would rather have a bunch of friends who will be your friend to gain popularity or one friend who likes you for who you really are?”

Diana looked at Myra, who smiled.

Everyone cheered to celebrate the New Year the right way as they left, except Diana and Myra.

"Diana, I'm so sorry! Brian told me what you were heading for and I feel so ignorant for walking on you. Could you ever forgive me?" Myra asked.

"Everything's cool. Besides, my plan did actually work but not the way I dreamed of,” she said as they hugged.

“Hey, I bet that I can beat you to the dance floor.”

Diana looked around the empty halls as the disco beats from “September” vibrated the school floors.

“What’s up?”

“You’re on!” Diana took off her pumps and ran laughing.

“So not fair!” Myra screamed as she followed her, laughing too.