A Taste for Adventure

It only rang once before I picked up the receiver.
"Turn right on Donald then three blocks down in front of the McDonalds!"
"Wait!" I called out before they could hang up. "Why are you doing this? Who are you?"
"Not here. Not now. Keep going!"
I followed the directions to the next spot as I had three times so far. I had followed a girl out of the club. A gorgeous woman with a cherry bomb tattooed behind her ear. But then she had disappeared outside and when the pay phone rang I had answered out of frustration more than anything else.
"This is a pay phone idiot!"
"Five blocks down. On the corner under the street light"
Then the line had gone dead. It was enough to make me curious. There had been another phone at the spot the caller had described that rang as soon as I was in ear shot.
And so it had been. I'd been chasing these calls for almost an hour now. But this time, instead of a phone booth there was a car, a beat up old van. The back door slid open and there she was. The woman with the cherry bomb.
"Hey baby! It took you long enough!"
"Well these shoes aren't exactly made for stalking through the night. When you said I was going to have to chase you, I didn't think you meant half way across the city."
"I like a girl who's willing to work for it," she giggled.
"Does that mean I earned 'it', whatever 'it' is?"
"Oh, definitely," she leaned over and gave me a kiss then pulled me into the van. "You obviously have a taste for adventure. That's what I'm looking for!"
I raised an eyebrow. "Adventure?"
She turned the key an shifted the car into gear. "Hope you aren't afraid of heights!" She hit the gas, and we shot into the stratosphere.