ii. spot the difference

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*✧

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*

The group made their way to the site they were told to go to. There they had encountered an old lady who had given them a riddle to pass on.

Successfully solving the riddle they made their way to the next stage of the exam.

The four walked into the cabin after no one invited them inside. In the cabin, they saw a huge yellow monstrous-looking thing. It was a magical beast. It was holding a girl in its grasp while a man was lying on the floor with a wound.

Kurapika explained how the beast was called a Kiriko. An intelligent shape-shifting beast that could take on human form.

The beast hopped out of the window with the girl in hold. Isa, Gon, and Kurapika took off after the beast while Leorio stayed with the man to take care of his injuries.

Isa and Gon navigated through the forest with minimal effort despite the pitch-blackness of the sky.

Kurapika stared at them with astonishment. 'Even in pitch darkness, they can still keep pace with such a faint shadow.'

Isa watched as Gon jumped on top of the high tree branches, so she jumped as well but used her arms to pull herself up since she couldn't jump as high as Gon could. 'Impressive.'

"Hey, Kiriko!" Gon shouted to the beast.

"Let the lady go!" Isa finished.

The beast only smirked. "Why don't you try and take her from me."

Gon suddenly lost his balance from shock that the beast was able to speak. But before he could fall Isa grabbed his arm and positioned them both back on the ground safely.

"Thanks!" Gon smiled.

"Anytime," Isa said. They both ran to catch back up with Kurapika.

"You hear that? It can talk that's amazing." Gon told Kurapika.

"The Kiriko is a magical beast capable of human speech," Kurapika explained.

"Really? Cool." Isa spoke in awe.

"Well, that 'oughta make this a lot easier." Gon smiled.

Gon and Isa climbed up on a tree again high enough so they could strike the Kiriko. "I'll take front, you take the back!" Gon told Isa.

"Alright!" Isa watched as Gon caught the attention of the beast before jumping up and striking it with his fishing rod. When the Kiriko didn't lose its hold on the girl Isa took its shock to her advantage and kicked its back with as much force as she could gather causing the girl to slip out of its hold.