ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

After finishing their breakfast and cleaning up the dishes, Madelyn changed herself into some of Max's clothes

After finishing their breakfast and cleaning up the dishes, Madelyn changed herself into some of Max's clothes. She grabbed her stuff together, and together with Max, she walked to the garage, which was located underneath the apartment building. It was filled with luxury cars, but she expected nothing more from a parking lot located in Monte Carlo.

"So, which one of these beautiful cars is yours?" Madelyn asked after walking for a couple of meters into the cars. She looked around to admire the vehicles she saw as she asked the question.

"These are," Max said and stopped in front of two different cars. They were a dark grey Aston Martin DB11 and a red Ferrari 488 Pista. A little stunned, Madelyn stood in front of the two vehicles and watched how Max unlocked the Aston.

"Of course, you don't own a normal road car," she mumbled to herself and got into the passenger seat while Max had already taken place behind the wheel.

"I'm not sure if I want to know the answer to this question, but are these the only two you own?" She asked and looked to her left. Max shook his head as he pressed the start button of the car. The sound of the Aston's engine starting echoed throughout the garage.

"No, I have some more. But I'll spare you the details," he said as he looked at her before driving the car out. As they drove over the Monaco streets, Max's eyes were focused on the road. Madelyn couldn't help to sometimes look at him for a couple of seconds and admire the serious and concentrated look on his face. His blue eyes had this piercing look, which she found very attractive.

"Stop looking at me," Max said, causing her to startle out of her thoughts. She immediately felt her cheeks heat up when Max looked at her with a slight grin surrounding his lips.

"Sorry," she mumbled and looked away but glanced back up when Max's hand found hers. His fingers intertwined with hers, and he squeezed her hand a little.

"I want to take you out tonight if that's okay with you," he said as he took a turn left. "Tonight's probably the last opportunity we get to be on ourselves before we get back to racing. And since we're in Monaco, the chances of anyone recognising us will be minimal," he explained.

"I'd like that," Madelyn answered with a smile, causing Max to smile as well. They said not much during the restaining time of the ride. Max parked his car in front of the hotel and turned off the engine. They both looked at the entrance before Madelyn turned her head towards him.

"Do you want me to walk up with you?" Max suggested, and Madelyn nodded.

"Isla and Ellis will find out about this either way, whether you're coming up with me or not," she chuckled. "Besides, we have more privacy in the hallway than here in front of the hotel." Max agreed, and both of them got out of the car. They walked inside the hotel and took the elevator to the right floor. While standing in the small cabin, Max really felt the urge to press Madelyn against the wall and kiss her. Just like they did in movies. But he knew that if he did that and people walked into the elevator, they both would be screwed.