Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The relationship game

            We decide to go back to my room. One, because Mars’ stuff is in there, and two because Kyler’s going to be with his ‘girlfriend,’ or at least that’s where he said he’d be. I don’t plan on anything happening though. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to make out with him again, but I feel like everything is going too fast, and I don’t want Mars to feel rushed and pressured to do anything. He seems just as willing to make out forever and ever though, and for someone who has never really kissed anyone before, he sure is an amazing kisser. Or maybe I’m just a really bad kisser and his kissing seems amazing, but is really just average. Nah, I’m just kidding. I would make kissing a sport if I could. 

            When we reach the front doors of my dorm building, I remember all the stairs we have to climb. I can already feel the muscles in my legs tighten. They’re already so soar! Not from that you creep! It’s from climbing up those stairs already once today; I’m not up to do it again. Maybe I can take the girls’ elevator up all the way, and then just climb the remaining four flights. Yeah! I’ll do that! But when we walk inside, the guys’ elevator is already up and running again. You should have seen the look on my face when I saw that I didn’t have to climb literally a thousand stairs. I would have laughed at myself if I wasn’t so happy.

“Hey look, the elevator’s working!” Mars exclaims. I run over and press the button. It lights up and something inside dings. The doors open, and I step in with Mars. We press for the button at the same time, and to save the moment from cliché, I let him push the button, and then I take his hand in mine. Gosh I can’t stand cliché. It’s my biggest pet peeve.

            We’re at my room in a matter of minutes. I open the door and automatically kick off my shoes. Mars sits on my bed and unlaces his bright yellow high tops and places them neatly back into their box. He takes off his socks, and wiggles his toes around. They’re so clean and cute! Just like toes should be. I don’t have a problem with my feet, but my pinky toes’ toenails are jacked up. I can’t explain it, they just aren’t square like they’re supposed to be, and they aren’t triangles either, but- I’d rather not talk about it. My pinky toes are a touchy subject to me.

            When I sleep, I have to be clothed in comfy pajamas. I don’t get how some guys can just go to sleep in just their underwear. I like to sleep in a regular shirt, that’s at least one or two sizes too big for me, and in some pajama pants, even If it’s summer like right now, I’ll wear pants to bed. I dress into my pj’s and get into bed. It’s a twin bed, so Mars and I will have to squish up together, but I prefer the term ‘cuddle.’ I’ve always been one for cuddling. All my ex-boyfriends just wanted action, when all I wanted was to cuddle.

            What Mars does next shocks me but also warms my insides up. It feels like someone stuck me in a microwave for thirty seconds. He takes his bag and empty’s its contents into one of my drawers. Then opening one of my drawers, he takes off his shirt, and takes out one of my favorite pajama tops, putting it on himself. I like it on him much better then on me. It’s oversized, even for me, and I can’t help but look at how cliché this moment is, for one minute, I don’t care. I don’t care that it’s cliché, I don’t care he put his stuff in my drawer. I don’t care that he’s the dominant one when we make out. All these things turn me on, a lot. For once I don’t have to do all the work in the relationship

“Goodnight, Dakota.” Suddenly, he’s next to me in bed. He kisses my cheek once, and turns around so his back is to me. I wrap my arm around his waist, and kiss the back of his head. We move even closer to each other, in a sleepy haze. His light breathing is like a lullaby to me. I can feel myself drifting off to sleep, and my arms fall lip around Mars. His skin’s like the sidewalk in the summer. He makes me want to take off my pajama pants. I’m right on the edge of sleep, but with Mars’ simmering body next to me, I won’t be going to bed any time soon.