Chapter 13

"I want to go on a date with you. No fake, pretend date. A real date. Without me half dating Killian. Just you and I." Emma spoke bluntly and it took me by surprise. It'd only been two weeks since she'd said she'd give me another chance.

We were lying in my bed, the TV shining brightly in the bedroom. "Really?"

"Yes."

"I'd like that," I said, still a bit confused. Emma and I had hung out a lot this past week and things already felt like normal. To me, at least. I could only hope Emma was happy with the way things were, and this question indicated that she, in fact, was.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked and flicked my eyes back to the screen, when I suddenly felt Emma's hand on my hip. She knew just how to grab it. Lots of other women had touched my hip from time to time and I always enjoyed it, but Emma had a way of showing both firmness and tenderness through one touch. Her fingertips were slightly tensed, but the palm of her hand was gently placed upon my hip.

I turned my head back to her and put away the remote control. I moved my hand to her cheek instead and felt my heart pounding loudly. Emma and I hadn't kissed in, like, three weeks and I yearned for her lips to be pressed against mine.

"I've said it before," Emma softly said, "but I love how I can just touch your hip and get this reaction in response." She smirked and I gulped. I couldn't feel embarrassed about my hips being my weakness, because it felt to damn good to have her touch me again.

"Will you kiss me?" I asked. I hated how insecure my voice sounded and I could see Emma noticed it, too. I always made sure to sound convincing and firm, but she just took away my edge at times.

Emma moved her hand away from my hip. "What are we watching?" she asked and looked at the TV screen. I huffed in annoyance, but took my hand back and noticed her smiling.

"This is my revenge for the hot spring," she commented and I bit my lower lip, reminiscing of our time in the hotel together.

"But I definitely did kiss you that night."

"I had to wait," she said and looked at me, "and this night isn't over yet, is it?"

Fucking tease. She'd been it the first time we kissed and she still was. I wanted to feel her, it wasn't that complicated. I craved her lips against mine and our warm bodies mushing together.

"I must admit, you're quite clever," Emma said, as I started Netflix. "Killian told me how you'd managed to take his place on the trip. I'm impressed."

"You should be," I said. "I had to endure lots of yelling for that."

"Well deserved," Emma replied. "But I really enjoyed that weekend."

"I did, too." I tried to subtly move closer to her. She noticed, but didn't say anything. I continued moving and when our hips touched, I leaned my head against her shoulder. She didn't move away. "I put a lot of work in winning you over. No doubt about that."

Emma hummed and grabbed the remote control. She started Brooklyn Nine-Nine and decreased the volume of the TV. Her breathing was steady and I could feel her heart rapidly beating in her chest.

"I guess you've won," Emma said and looked at me.

"Nah, not until you tell me you love me," I joked. "But the bet's off, don't worry. I'm getting the clock. I think. I don't know. We haven't figured that part out, yet."

"The fact that it was all just about a clock makes me want to cry," Emma said and I bit the inside of my cheek. I still felt horrible whenever the bet came up, but it was inevitable for it to pop up in conversations every now and then.