Bonding time with Uncle Senny

Stares and whispers spread about Marineford as a young kid rode on the shoulders of the scary young man who swept around like a bat quite often. They were walking all around base and were attracting more looks and whispers the deeper they went. The commanding officers were starting to get annoyed as their men kept staring at them every single time they passed by. After circling the same corner five times. The officer approached them.

"Hey, are you los..." The officer was silenced by a single glance from the young man.

"We are! Do you know where Garp-san is? " The boy asked.

The officer looked up and observed the young boy. He was unusually cheerful to be associated with a very intimidating man. He got another glare, so he hastily racked his brain on where the eccentric vice-admiral was.

"Uh, he should be at the canteen as it is his lunch time," he answered.

"Ok! Let's go, Dragon! Onward! " Kuzan said. "Thanks, Mr. Officer!"

The officer watched as Dragon ran off in the direction of the canteen. Why he hadn't thought of it in the first place, he had no clue.

"Back to work!" the officer barked.

He hoped the weirdness was past him.

The duo arrived at the canteen, and after a few circles, they couldn't see their dad at any of the seating areas, so they checked everywhere. It wasn't like Garp was hard to miss either, as he had a very large presence everywhere he was. He simply oozed coolness and eccentricity. They decided to go and find Sengoku, as they knew the way to his office and the man was reliably in his office. They knocked on the Admiral's door as they were nice and respectful, unlike some *cough* Garp *cough*.

"It's me and Dragon Sengoku-san!" he called out.

He had gotten more comfortable with the people in his life and his guarded expression was no more as he now had a family. A real but very weird family.

"Come in," Sengoku called out.

Sengoku liked them because they were nice and sensible, unlike their father, who was a whole headache on his own. They had to duck in order to enter the door, as Dragon was tall as hell and Kuzan was a lanky kid. Sengoku noted that Dragon was actually a little fatigued from the way he was bent over more and the way his stony expression was starting to change into a grimace. He made them sit in the chairs immediately.

"So, what do you guys need?" Sengoku asked.

"Have you seen Garp? Kuzan broke his leg and Garp said if anyone gets injured, go find him," Dragon said.

Sengoku felt like he had to deep clean his ears after hearing what Dragon spouted. Clearly, he was wrong about them in the way they were as thick-headed as their father. Was the will of D transmissible? Because, from the way he was looking at it, Kuzan had been clearly affected by his new family. Was he getting affected????

"First off, you know, better than to listen to Garp sometimes. Secondly, I'm bringing both of you to the medical wing. No denying it," Sengoku said.

Both of them had clueless looks on their faces, and Dragon's face turned a light tint of red from embarrassment. He made his way to pick up his younger brother, but Sengoku stopped him, as Dragon was clearly exhausted from running around all day. The admiral forced Dragon to let him carry the kid, and off they went. Even more people stared, but this time more sneakily, as the glares they got back from the kid and their commanding officer when they were caught had them terrified for their careers.

"How did you break your leg, Kuzan?" Sengoku asked with Kuzan in his arms.

"A stray cannonball hit my leg straight on when we were walking around," Kuzan answered.

"Not the explosive kind," Dragon added. "Also, it was infused with Haki because he's unable to freeze it."

Sengoku got a sinking feeling about who it was because there was only one man whose signature was throwing cannonballs at top speed. He kept his mouth shut for now, as they had more pressing things to deal with. Then they finally arrived at the infirmary. The place had a rather large doorway for the exceptionally tall members, so they passed through without problem. Kuzan was immediately tended to as Sengoku called Garp with his den den mushi. He was quite furious with the man. The call was eventually picked up.

"GARP! WHERE ARE YOU! BOTH OF YOUR SONS HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU FOR SOME TIME, YOU IDIOT," Sengoku yelled calmly.

"SENNY! I'm Sorry! "I'm coming right to the infirmary right now," Garp said hurriedly.

Sengoku sighed. "You better apologise too."

He could hear Garp physically gulp as the father realised what he had to apologise for. He knew his eldest son would never forgive him for a few weeks after all. His little brother was at the centre of his world, after all, and if anything happened to him, someone would pay. Quite like an actual dragon protecting its treasure. The call ended, as Garp made his way to the infirmary.

Sengoku felt like this had happened way too often.