Chapter 31

Jade's Pov

I closed the door and looked at myself in the mirror. I can't believe he was into all of this. I looked like a mess. My hair was all over the place and I was still really wet and sticky between my legs. Thankfully, my bones weren't as noticeable anymore and I didn't look as pale either. I turned around and admired the new booty that was forming thanks to the food and medicine. I walked over to the shower and turned it on. I stepped in once I felt it was good and let the water relax my muscles.
I loved taking fresh showers, especially now after feeling hot most of the time. I grabbed some of his shampoo and squeezed it onto my hands. The scent was astonishing. I washed my hair and my body with his wash and rinsed it all out. I stayed under the water for a few minutes just letting all this soak in. I still couldn't believe I was finally out of that hell hole. I knew that those girls were getting out soon as well. Once they get here I want to help the get healthy. I will help them get their education and anything they want. They can get a job that actually pays them and help them find their mates when it's time. I want all of them to be as happy as I am with Ayden.
"Jade?" There was a knock on the door that brought me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Are you okay? You have been in there for a while" Ayden asked.
"I'm almost out give me a few more minutes," I said and turned off the water.
I squeezed my hair to get all the water out and stepped onto the bathmat. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself. I looked in the drawers and found a brush to comb out the knots in my sorry excuse for hair. I dried my body with the same towel and looked around. The only thing I had to put on was the same dress and I groaned. I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. I stepped out and Ayden was standing by the door.
"Hey" I smiled at him and he kissed my lips. "I had to wear the same dress since I had nothing else."
"Don't worry. I would've preferred for you to come out naked but it's okay" He shrugged. I laughed and got on my tippy toes to kiss him. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He sat down on the couch and I pulled away.
"Why would you stop?" He pouted.
"I just showered. I don't want to have to shower again" I laughed and he smiled.
"So what else would you like to do then?"
"That's why I said let's go back with the rest."
"It's always so chaotic with them. Caden is always looking to get me mad and I just want to be with you." He kissed my neck and I moaned.
"What if we just lay down?" He asked and I nodded. He carried me and laid me down on the bed. He took off his shirt and laid down next to me.
"I thought we were just laying down?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.
"We are, I just don't like being with a shirt it's uncomfortable," He laid down next to me and I laid my head on his bare chest. I traced my fingers over all the creases of his muscles. He shivered under my touch. His chest rose up and down with all his breaths.
"Where did you go earlier?' I asked him.
"Out for a run" His laugh vibrated his chest making my head feel funny.
"Are you okay now?"
"Yeah, I just needed to cool off," He replied. I could feel the anger and sadness around him and I looked up.
"You know, they finally gave us the tour of the whole packhouse. We asked for a tour of the city but they said you wanted to do that" I said and he looked down at me.
"You want to go see the city?" He asked and I bit my lip "We can do that. Do you want to bring Skylar along?"
"Yes, she wanted to go as well" I smiled and he nodded. I sat up and he pulled me back down.
"Do we have to go right now?" He asked and nuzzled his face into my neck.
"Yes, it's getting dark out which means the lights will be turning on soon," I said and smiled. I played with his hair and he moaned.
"If we go right now, maybe we can come back and have some more fun?" I asked, he was up in an instant and I laughed.
"We don't want to be out that late now right?" He said and I shook my head. He stood up and walked over to my side. "Come on my love, time to show you my beautiful city" I grabbed his hand he pulled me up. He put his arm around my waist and reached down to give me a kiss. I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled into the kiss. He pulled away and kissed my forehead.
"I'm so excited!" I exclaimed and he laughed. He grabbed my hand and we got out of his room. We walked downstairs and I let go of his hand.
"Why do you always let go?" He pouted.
"I don't want anyone to suspect us yet. They don't know about us" I reminded him and he frowned. We walked downstairs all the way to our room and walked in. Lance was on his phone while Caden and Skylar were chatting away on the couch.
"Jade!" She jumped up and tackled me into a hug. "I'm so glad he didn't eat you" I pulled away and looked at her confused.
"What does she mean?" Ayden asked and Caden laughed.
"I told her sometimes when you're mad you eat things" He was cracking up on the couch and I rolled my eyes.
"I believe your exact words were 'He'll probably eat her out and calm down' then Skylar asked what he meant," Lance said. I felt my cheeks burning up and I glared at Caden.
"Very mature dude" I joked and they laughed.
"Is that not what he meant?" Skylar asked and I shook my head trying to hold in my laugh.
"I'll explain later" I linked her and she nodded.
"Good to see you back, Ayden?" Caden asked and he nodded.
"Seriously? I guess she did help you calm down. Hey Jade why is your hair wet?" He smirked and I felt my cheeks burn up again.
"Okay, change of subject. Jade said you wanted to go explore the city?" Ayden asked Skylar and she nodded. "We will give you a few minutes to freshen up and then we can go" He smiled and she got excited. The boys stepped out of the room and Skylar turned to look at me as soon as the door shut.
"Nope. We have a few minutes I have to change." I said and she shook her head.
"You can talk and move. Explain, please. Why does Ayden leave all mad beating up people and you come back with him all happy?" She asked and I laughed. I walked over to the closet to pick out a few clothes.
"We took a walk. I calmed him down, we talked" I shrugged. I turned around and I pulled the dress over my head and she gasped.
"Jade! You're not wearing any underwear" She whispered loudly knowing there were three wolves outside that probably heard what she said. I slipped on the underwear and new bra and turned around to look at her. She had a sly grin on her face and her arms crossed over her chest.
"Took a walk huh? How nice was this walk?" She asked and I put on a new dress.
"Skylar, it was amazing, but..." I pointed to the door.
"That's why I said I'll explain later. Can we go now before they hear anything else?" I linked her and she nodded. I smiled at her and we opened the door. The boys were all smiling at us and I scrunched up my nose.
"Why are you staring at us like that?" Skylar asked.
"No reason.." Caden trailed off and we laughed.
"Come on let's go" Ayden grabbed my hand and we walked out of the packhouse. An SUV was parked in front and I stopped walking.
"Is anything within walking distance? Being in the SUV doesn't give me much access to look out the windows" I asked and Ayden nodded.
"We are driving downtown and going on foot from there." He said and I nodded. We piled up into the SUV, Lance, and Caden in front and Ayden, Skylar, and I in the back. It was the same SUV we used to drive over here. I remember Ayden squishing up against the door so he can give us more space. Now I was squished up against him, as he had his arm around my waist, and I laid my head on his shoulder.
"So girls, if you look to the right you'll see all the office buildings. We live in the business part of town" Caden explained.
"Pack members drive over here to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the packhouse?" Skylar asked and he nodded.
"Think of it as if the packhouse was a nice, expensive restaurant that is hard to get into. Except the food is free and it's not all that fancy." He shrugged.
"Wait, all the food you give out and that we eat is free?" I asked him and he nodded. It's good to know that they were helping the pack instead of taking from them.
"Do you still think they are bad people?" Sara asked.
"No, It's just shocking. I had never seen anything like that before,"
We were passing a lot of tall buildings that were covering the sunset. We drove for a couple of minutes and the buildings started becoming shorter but had the same amount of lights.
"It's so beautiful," Skylar said in admiration. There were street lights already turning on and people walking on the streets chatting and laughing. We parked the SUV and the boys got down.
"Come on let's go!" Skylar exclaimed and jumped out of the vehicle. I laughed and followed her out. My nostrils were hit with different scents of food and smells. There were people walking by waving or bowing down to Ayden, Lance, and Caden. I wanted to grab Ayden's hand but there were too many people here and I didn't want to create rumors. We walked along the sidewalk and admired all the lights and music that was playing.
"Is there a party going on?" Skylar asked.
"No, a lot of people like to put music for fun," Lance said. I noticed a small group of teens dancing on the side. It was nice seeing them having fun and enjoying life.
"You look amazing. I wish I can hold your hand and show everyone who their Luna is" Ayden linked me and I smiled at him.
"Here is my favorite restaurant," Caden said and stood in front of a small and grinned like a little kid. I looked up and read the sign that said 'tacos, burgers, and more' I laughed and he glared at me.
"Something funny Jade?" He asked with his arms crossed.
"Absolutely nothing" I smiled and he turned to look back at the restaurant.
"Come on Caden, we can pass by for some later" Lance said. We continued walking and two kids ran up to Caden.
"Hey, little ones!" He said and they all laughed. They were clinging to his legs imitating little monkeys.
"Whoa! who are they!" The kids asked and pointed at us.
"Those, are our special friends," Caden said and bent down to their level. "Why don't you go give them some special love?"
The kids ran over to us and Skylar's breath hitched. One of the kids extended their arms to her and she slowly picked him up.
"You're so pretty!" He said and she smiled at him.
"Thank you!" She laughed and he hugged her. One of the other kids grabbed my leg and I laughed.
"You have really cool eyes!" She said and laughed.
"Well, you have really cool glasses" I smiled at her and she kept laughing.
"I'm so sorry about that" A middle-aged woman came in and tried getting them off of us.
"Don't worry about it, Rachel," Caden said and he smiled at her. The kids wouldn't budge and they kept on laughing.
"Come on kids time to go," She said and finally got them off. They ran off in the other direction and she groaned.
"It was nice seeing you boys, Alpha" She bowed and he nodded. "It was nice meeting you girls, sort of meeting, again sorry" She smiled and ran off after the kids.
"They are so adorable" Caden sighed and we laughed. "Okay! Let's continue the tour!"
He clapped and continued walking towards a different building that was loud and had a large group of people.