Trial of Michael Seven Part 2: The Truth... Ch.3

Trial part two:-

“The accused would like a chance to give his first-hand account on the events after the Cuban and Trinidad Incident and on those leading up to the day in question” – the Bailiff

“Very well, the Chamber recognizes the accused” – Rohas

Michael entered the room covered in heavy chains, his body tired and cold. It was visible how much of a beating he took while in the prison even though they hid it underneath thick make-up. His hair gray and his face sad, wrinkled, signs of man beaten and ready to die.

“Thank you, Secretary General Rohas.” – Michael

“For the benefit of the council would you state your name, rank and age, also could you state your purpose in the army and what your offense was?” – Rohas

“Maj. Michael Sevens, 55 years of age. I am currently the Commanding Officer of the Lucky Sevens, I was accused of going AWOL during a mission that cost two of the Sevens their life” – Michael

“And are you here to dispute that charge?” – Rohas

“No, I’m here to give an account which should explain my actions” – Michael

“Very well proceed...” - Rohas

 “It all began during the Cuban War when Maj. Uriel threw the boy out of the helicopter, although the incident itself didn’t start the trauma it upset me greatly to see a child who showed fearlessness in the eyes of the beast thrown to die like a dog. However even though the incident bothered me I couldn’t allow it to hamper my completion of mission. I was a soldier and soldiers must carry out their objectives. By all means necessary.

It wasn’t until three weeks later that I began having dreams, no, nightmares that haunted me every time I closed my eyes. They were so vivid, as if they were memories; there was this building and the walls were all white and there where caution signs on all the windows. The room was so bleak I don’t remember any toys or anything but when I looked around there were children, infants, just eating and sleeping. No interaction from anyone from outside the room until this man would come in and inject us with a big syringe and he’d have this horrifying smile on his face when he looked at me and said ‘one day this “medicine” is gonna make ya big an’ strong!’ That’s usually the time when I’d wake up or snap out of it.

Though during the Trinidadian Extermination I felt as if I had forgotten about the incident but as we were hovering over the sand and ruins the Helios Cannon created it happened. First I got a sharp pain. My sight became black and empty. I began feeling numb as if I were not in my body. Suddenly I saw him the little boy standing in the midst of all the wreckage he was holding a strange teddy bear in his hand. It had two holes in its head and black blood ran down from its mouth and eyes. It streaked down the bear’s white fur. Even from the helicopter I could smell the stale blood from the toy; it poisoned the air, I tried to gasp for air but nothing happened. Soon with every breath I took I could smell the pungent odor and taste it. It was almost indescribable it was as if the roof of my mouth was coated in stale pig’s blood and the bottom with vulture excrement. I felt as if I had thrown up in my mouth several times but I knew I was only imagining it. It was so realistic the feelings I was having, they were making me sick. When I finally snapped out of it I was in midair falling to the ground. As I landed it happened again. The boy started screaming and as he screamed the blood from his mouth began to flow out and it drenched the earth we stood on. Instantly I began to get this drowning feeling as if the blood was dragging me down to the depths of hell. As the darkness began to envelop me I heard a child crying and another child singing; it was the voice of the Cuban boy, he was singing the song that had led me to find him and his family during the Cuban Campaign. As he was singing it became louder as if he was shrieking and suffering. I soon awoke to the fists of Gabrielle who in a tearful voice was scolding me for jumping out of the helicopter.