Chapter 46: The Two Chiefs

A/N: And we're down to the FINAL FIVE CHAPTERS of PTQ's Act One!

CASTIEL

FABIENNE'S SLAPS and Priam's punch in my face made me realize something. This situation was perfect. Reynard might have already expected that things would go down the way they did here. He thought that he was on the brink of victory by turning the most valuable piece of my Oplan First Lady against me.

Well, that seemed to be the case. For now.

I caressed my left jaw and I groaned every time I touched it. This was the second time that Priam punched me in the face. The first was when I tried to end it all after that accident. He pulled me out of the darkness and made me open my eyes to a future where things would get better. I kinda owed him my second life.

Of all the people on campus, he was the one who knew and understood my motivations. He even allowed himself to be used just so I could put my grand scheme into motion. That's why it came as a surprise that he finally stood up to me and my methods. Yes, we had disagreements before, but I managed to quell his second thoughts by assuring him that it was the best plan out there and the results would be totally worth it.

It looked like the situation would get more complicated from now on. Knowing him, he would not let it slide. Kahit kaibigan niya pa ako at ako ang kanyang chief-of-staff. That was one thing I admired about him, but that was also the same thing I feared.

Priam fished his phone out of his pocket, his fingers quickly tapping on its screen. Inilapit niya 'yon sa kanang tainga niya. "Hello, Val? Are you in the office? Sorry to disturb you, but can you grab me three towels and bring them to the rooftop? We got drenched in the rain. Thank you." Pagkababa niya ng tawag, lumingon siya sa kanyang First Lady. "Let's wait for Val, okay? In the meantime, sumilong muna tayo roon."

They turned their backs to me and walked toward the shed near the rooftop door.

"That's it?" I asked as I moved closer to them. "This conversation is over?"

"We will continue it downstairs!" Priam shouted back me. The downpour was drowning our voices. "Sumilong ka muna rito bago ka magkasakit."

"Maybe not." I looked up at the dark skies and let the raindrops fall on my cheeks. It had been a while since I enjoyed the rain this way. Kapag umuulan, lagi akong nakapayong para protektahan ang sarili ko sa pagkabasa. But once in a while, it was not bad to let myself be drenched in it.

Valeria, whom the president called a moment ago, barged into the rooftop. May dala siyang tatlong tuwalya sa kanyang bisig. We had stocks of body towels in the office, just in case we needed to stay overnight there. Her eyes went wide when she saw Priam and Fabienne dripping wet. Dahil ba hindi niya in-expect na gano'n kabasa ang dalawa o dahil magkasama sila sa silong? Only Val knew.

"Ano'ng nangyari dito?" tanong niya habang pinamimigay ang mga tuwalya sa amin. Lumapit ako sa kanya para hindi na niya ako kailangang puntahan. "Are you three out of your minds? Bakit kayo nagpabasa sa ulan? Gusto n'yo bang magkasakit?"