Day 2 : Apollo's Reverence For Icarus

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑎 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑, 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒. 𝑆𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒, 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒, 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑢𝑧𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒.

-𝐿𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑣

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Choi Han remembers his interest back then in their previous world. How he loves to read myths from Greece unlike the teenagers that are supposed to be gushing at how strong Superman is or how swift Spiderman is.

He likes the story of how Hades kidnapped Persephone and let her rule alongside him in the Underworld instead of how Iron Man loved Pepper Potts and gave her all she wants.

He likes the story of Eros reviving Psyche when she got too curious, or the story of the Trojan War.

But what he likes the most, as far as he remember, is the story of Icarus’ flight.

“The moral of the story was to not expect an immediate fruit of efforts once you decided to do it once.”

Choi Han also remembers that as he continued to listen to Cale who was speaking, his curiosity being satiated as he continued to reminisce.

“Oh, that is a good one.” Choi Han murmurs as he drank his tea.

Cale seems to let out a hum of dissatisfaction, considering he’s a man who calculate his every move so that he can only do it once.

“I recall that there’s more meaning as to why Icarus flew towards the sun. Though I don’t know if it’s real or people just made it up.”

Choi Han perked up as he looked at his liege, his interest to know growing once more.

And so, Cale decided to quench the swordsman’s curiosity.

“Icarus flew towards the sun in order to reach a God he learned to love.”

Choi Han’s mouth formed into an ‘o’, a small feeling of sympathy forming towards the mortal from the Greek Myth.

“Icarus is a fool.” Cale murmurs to himself, but Choi Han heard it.

“Why would you say so, Cale-nim?”

At the same time, a record played in the redhead’s mind as he recited it for Choi Han to hear.