Preparation For The End

Today seemed like a special day, it was my first day before training began to go to planet Earth. I decided to take the day to myself and just relax, and to really think what I'm doing through. I decided to go to the Acanasian Rocks, by the Fauna Lagoon, it was so beautiful there. Ever since my mother died I had always loved going to the Acanasian Rocks, it was a place where I could think and not be bothered. There is a certain magic there, not like the powers all Amarethian's have, but more of pure magic that stems from the planet. The healing plants grow there and there's just a certain freshness in the air that can soothe anyone- even those with the biggest heartache.

It wasn't much of a long journey to get there, I travelled through the woods and there were the rocks. They were fairly easy to climb, considering there were holes all around them. I sat on the rock, and just lay there, staring into the magical blue lagoon. I let all my thoughts and worries escape my mind, and I began to drift off, into another world.

"Nevaeh, hey I heard about your trip." I opened my eyes. It was Sage, as usual she was able to find me no matter where I was. Something was different about her today though, but I couldn't tell what it was. Sage was such a lovable person, it was her power, to make even the wickedest people adore her. Thats when I noticed what was wrong, those big dark brown eyes that were always filled with pure joy...weren't.

Something was wrong.

I wanted to ask her, but I was afraid it would upset her even more. So I left it alone.

Sage always knew she was beautiful, it was nearly impossible for her to not notice. She had gorgeous soft, long, wavy brown hair, and perfect milky white skin. She was flawless.

"Oh..ya... you heard about that. Who told you?" I asked.

"You're dad, since I'm the captain for the trip to Celestia, he decided it would be best I knew."

"Wow, are you excited to go to Celestia, I know how beautiful it is."

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited I guess." Sage was so brave, that was always something I had admired about her. She never let any challenge stop her from doing what she wanted.

"Hey Nevaeh, can you promise me something." She whispered in her luscious soft voice, her motherly instincts were acting out. She had always been like an older sister to me, and I knew she cared for me dearly.

"Yeah sure anything, what is it?"

"Can you promise to be extremely careful on your trip. Promise that no matter what happens you'll fight, no matter what stands in your way you'll move it."

"Of course, I promise. No matter what happens I'll fight until the very end." I did indeed have a soft side, but when it came to my life and my missions I never let anything stand in my way. I was a born fighter. I never let my emotions come into play when it comes to those kind of things, and even Sage knew that.

At that, we just lay there, and the let the rest of the day pass by. We didn't speak a word, we just lay there enjoying each others company- or at least what was left of it.

***

My first day of training was far from difficult, it was like every other day, building my strength. It was like this for the next few days, I needed to be strong, ready for whatever came my way. Earth was unpredictable, after it's apocalypse our planet wasn't too concerned in keeping up with what was going on there. By now, we had absolutely no clue what to expect.

At night, I would go to lessons on the history of Earth, and I learned absolutely everything there was to know about the magnificent planet. The more I learned, the more questions I had. How could humans have been so - selfish. They destroyed their own planet because of their own selfish needs. They knew their planet was being destroyed, but people just didn't care.

Maybe thats what a magic-less world can to do people?

As each day went by my anxiety got worse. I knew the day was approaching. As excited as I was, I knew there was only a 50/50 chance of me being able to come back to Amarantos. I wasn't able to face this, the fact that there was a possibility I could be trapped on Earth forever. I avoided thinking about this, for it was too much for me to handle.

I was spending as much time with Sage as I could.

What if I never saw her again? I couldn't even comprehend the thought. A world without Sage was a world I would never want to live in - a world I could never live in.

Each day quickly went by, I felt as though I could blink and I would already be there. That's when I realized, I wasn't invincible. The only thing I had standing between me and my oblivion,

was time.

***

It was finally here.

Today was the day, a day I had been dreading for the past week. The day that could change my entire life.

A day that would determine what lay beyond this planet, what lay beyond this day, what lay beyond everything I could possibly imagine.

The last day.