His Fiancée

"Why are you raiding my fridge?"

Zeke stared, arms folded across his chest and leaning against the door frame to the kitchen as he watched a dark-haired woman rummage through his refrigerator—which only had a limited number of ingredients given that they didn't have the chance to go out grocery shopping since they still had a lot of boxes to unpack. At the moment, they only had a tray of eggs, a pack of bacon, and bottles of water stored inside, which was, according to Zeke's standards, pretty decent.

"Because," the woman started, straightening and sending him an unamused look with a hand to the hip, "I came all the way here to see my pretty best friend, only to see a musty old man lazing around like the bum he is. And I'm hungry."

"Hey," Zeke seethed, although his voice lacked any malice, as he pointed a finger at her, "I'm not musty—I just took a shower, and twenty-eight is not old, I'm literally one year older than you. Secondly, I was a fucking War Chief in the past life with no ounce of a normal childhood whatsoever, so I can be a bum whenever I want, okay? Thirdly, I already told you Isanna's out with some new city friends."

Pieck Finger rolled her eyes at his lengthy explanation—an explanation nobody asked for, by the way.

"Did you—did you just roll your eyes at—"

"Friends?" She interrupted him. "I'm her friend. Why does she need more?"

Zeke raised his hands in a casual shrug before he let them fall back to his sides in defeat. He rounded his heel and padded back to the living room of the apartment he shared with his fiancée. This was one of those times where he regretted introducing Pieck to Isanna—he often wondered whose fiancée she was: his, or Pieck's. He remembered that one time Isanna missed their anniversary because she had a fucking sleepover at Pieck's house. Forgetful was an understatement; Isanna could literally even forget tucking her pen behind her ear, then lash out at Zeke and blame him for hiding it.

Although, Zeke had to admit, that forgetful side of hers was just one of the many sides of her that he found cute.

As he slumped on the coffee-brown couch and snagged the remote to switch the channel the TV was showing—from a cooking one to some kind of reality show, he saw from the corner of his eye Pieck stalking out of the kitchen with a bag of chips in hand.

He immediately sat up, jaw unhinged in a look of outrage.

"Wha—I bought those!" he cried in disbelief. "You're filthy rich from your modelling career—buy your own chips!"

"Oh, shut it you," she quipped and flopped on the loveseat plush beside him, popping a piece into her mouth. "Do you know who these city friends of Isa are?"

Zeke sent a dramatic look of longing towards his stolen chips, a look that Pieck couldn't help but roll her eyes at. She thrusted the bag over towards him, and Zeke didn't waste another beat to snag it back and stick his hand inside, getting a fistful of chips before he returned it to her.

"She didn't tell me," Zeke said while chewing a piece, the snack making crunching noise as he did. "But I have a guess."

"Oh? Who?"

"Probably.. those damned Scouts."

Pieck arched a brow but made no comment. Zeke had told her of his encounter with the man named Erwin Smith, as well as the revelation of Isanna being just like them—reincarnated from another life, where the power of the titans roamed around the world. The information definitely took Pieck by surprise, because this meant that they had used to be enemies with Isanna, although they never actually met in the past.