Bud Buddies

[Im so out of practice, I'm so sorry. Next chapter is Lj, badda bing badda boom.]

M/n's eyes glanced between Toby, who sat next to him on his couch, and the itty bitty link cosplayer rolling a blunt on his coffee table. M/n wasn't very judgemental. At least he didn't think he was, nor did he think he had the right to be. It was probably his expansive criminal history that didn't just include fraud. Anyways. He knew Link was short, and he read enough of Ben's file to know what to expect, but he's such a little little man. If it weren't for his stretched earlobes and forearm tattoo of the master sword you'd mistake him for a child.

He's four foot eleven. Any shorter and he'd be a medically recognized dwarf.

M/n was pulled from his thoughts as Ben let out a chuckle. Something Toby said must've been funny. Lighting his blunt Ben inhaled sharply and let the smoke escape his lips once he began talking. "So when do you start work again?"

"Day after tomorrow, my shift starts at ten and I get off at six." Ben handed him his blunt and he took it without any hesitation even though the last time he had any was in college. He figured it'd help ease how awkward the air was between him and Toby. It wasn't awkward enough to back out of bringing Ben over finally, but it was still there. The last time they saw each other was right after Liu took a needle to his neck, Toby knew enough about their relationship from conversations with M/n that it didn't take long for him to figure out who the initials belonged to. Despite the fact that he tried to come off as nonchalant as possible, especially after he slipped up at the hospital and ended up so vulnerable, he couldn't mask the irritation bubbling up from inside him.

He was jealous, and it was fucking adorable.

Akin to an angry pomeranian, M/n had chosen to ignore the implications that followed. Whether his jealousy meant that he assumed M/n and Liu were anything other than friends, or that he looked at M/n like an object to be fought for rather than a person wasn't his problem. He held the blunt out to his right and Toby took it from him, the transaction fluid enough to make M/n comment on it.

"Never took you for a stoner." Toby responded with a smile, his signature bandage crinkling with the stretch of his lips.

"Jeff, Tobes, and I all smoke together usually. Boss man says my room smells too much like weed, but I don't know how he'd know that." Ben complained, taking back the blunt as Toby chuckled. The sudden inhale made him cough and M/n rolled his eyes, choosing not to question whatever Ben meant. Instead inquiring on Toby's dumbass nickname.

"Tobes?"

"Don't buu-bully me." Toby replied. "I think- I think it's a really nice nick- nickname."

"Who gave it to you?"

"Ben." M/n's head turned to look over at the aforementioned midget proudly raising his hand. He stared with his lips pressed together in a thin line before finally opening his mouth to speak.

"... Yeah, should've expected that from someone named Bentley."

"Smart ass." Ben laughed and continued to pass the blunt forward. "Listen, my dad was a car guy."

M/n chuckled, nodding as he understood. "Did you have a sister named Mercedes?"

"No—"

"Thank go-god." Toby interjected. "That is- that is- that is a stripper's na-name if I've ever he-heard one."

Ben and M/n both agreed, nodding together as they laughed. "I don't have a sister named Mercedes." Ben continued. "But my older brothers name is Ford."